Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
2:47pm friday...deal agreed upon
eklund is hailed as a god for his jimmy olsen-like reporting :D

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
My Guess is the NHL is currently drafting a CBA, of which the main points have been agreed to. The NHL will probably present that tomorow, at which point the NHL and PA will hammer out the fine print on the CBA. It will then get re-drafted Friday night, re-submitted on Saturday, agreed to by both negotiating comitees, and then an anouncement will be made. So, say Saturday at 4:00 pm.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
35 seconds before the IIHF transfer deadline...no season.

P.S. Boy I would love to have a tap on Daly's Blackberry...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Saturday mid-afternoon at the latest, season's back on, tell your wives, girlfriends, that "sharing feelings" time on Saturday nights are over... :)

P.S.-When this is announced, I have alot of "I told you so's" to hand out... ;)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
ti-vite said:
35 seconds before the IIHF transfer deadline...no season.

P.S. Boy I would love to have a tap on Daly's Blackberry...

I know, they give me this blackberry at work, I wonder if i could tap in the system?

moouuaahhhhaaa!

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
417 TO MTL said:
Saturday mid-afternoon at the latest, season's back on, tell your wives, girlfriends, that "sharing feelings" time on Saturday nights are over... :)

LMFAO!!!! :handclap:

This is going to be a hard one to break...

Strazzobosco

Dec 6, 2004
Fairfax, VA
well, there are no hockey games within 45 days of the current day, right? All arenas have been instructed that they can book up the arenas for concerts and such for 45 days ahead. So if they sign an agreement today, the arenas will be available for the first hockey game in mid-march!
The season's done.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
dumitru123 said:
well, there are no hockey games within 45 days of the current day, right? All arenas have been instructed that they can book up the arenas for concerts and such for 45 days ahead. So if they sign an agreement today, the arenas will be available for the first hockey game in mid-march!
The season's done.

Things would change for these circumstances.

X0ssbar

I don't think the announcement will come until sometime after Monday but before next Sunday. There will be plenty of lose ends to try to work out this weekend and they definitely want to try to squeeze in a few headlines before Super Bowl weekend - especailly if the season is salvaged.

I'll continue to remain optimistic - my guess is we'll know on Monday - season saved.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
dumitru123 said:
The season's done.

That was just a negotiating tactic I beleive. The NHLPA long ago called that bluff.

I still don't think there will be a season unfortunatly...

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
they are definitly not gonna say the season is on for this upcoming weekend. There is too much work that has to be done. Although they could say the season is over and if they do that,i say it will be mid afternoon sunday but if we are gonna have a season they wont say till sometime next week. Ill say wednesday.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:

:lol:

No more cuddle time??? No more Saturday movie nights in Canada?? :dunno: :dunno:

I'm not sure how they're related, but your post reminded me of a recent Molson's commercial. I'm sure you've all seen the Culture Club "Do you really want to hurt me??" we miss our hockey beer commercial?? Apparently they have a follow-up for if/when a deal gets signed!!! :D

rwilson99

rwilson99 said:
Pick your day and time for an official announcement for the 2005 NHL Season.

Done deal, or no season.

While the poll set up is far from ideal... it seems that optimism on HF will go in the dumper on Sunday if a deal is not announced.

Most pro-deal posters seem to favor an announcement tomorrow or Saturday. The more pessimistic, Sunday or some date in the future.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
rwilson99 said:
While the poll set up is far from ideal... it seems that optimism on HF will go in the dumper on Sunday if a deal is not announced.
It will for me, not that I have much optimism left. To even pick a time and outcome seems way too optimistic to me, I have no confidence that it won't just drag on endlessly.

I would think if they expect to get a deal done this year they'll do it sooner rather than later, sometime within the next week. Otherwise there won't be much urgency to get anything going until next fall. :shakehead

At this point I'm just tired of both parties yanking our chains and wish they'd announce something and get it over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->