When will these kids make their clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Don't get me wrong, I love Hensick(Michigan fan). He just doesn't have the same physical tools that those two do. He's smarter than Cam and easily Tambs though, so he may have a good NHL future.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Legionnaire said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Hensick(Michigan fan). He just doesn't have the same physical tools that those two do. He's smarter than Cam and easily Tambs though, so he may have a good NHL future.

oh i agree 100% i think the kid is smaller too then the others. Hensick tho should thrive in this new NHL if guys like cams, gionta, parise, tambs are all able to do the same as well.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Av-merican said:
I don't know what Lacroix's policy is on signing college prospects before they're done with school. Currently TJ Hensick is ripping it up in Michigan his junior year, I think Lacroix will allow him to finish school, then give him a year in the AHL to adjust to the pro game. By then the Avs should have a number of young players ready to go.

Unless he makes some major adjustments to his game, I can't see T.J. Hensick sticking in the NHL.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
IMO, Babchuk will take Spacek's spot come next year, for better or worse. He'll probably get a few games in this year if there are any injuries.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Gwyddbwyll said:
Has nobody noticed Trevor Daley has played something like 50 games already? He's made the team.

He also gets like 20 minutes anight. He is considered patrt of the second d with Klemm when Klemm is healthy. he has been quite solid

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Tjardus Greidanus said:
Yeah. He really needs to work on his game in the AHL more.

:dunno:

Fleury would be starting on the Penguins right now if not for the complete lack of defense on the team and management not wanting to throw him to the dogs like they did in 2003-04.

Fleury would be starting in pittsburgh right now if it were not for his huge bonus hed make for playing over 20 games, both of the pens goalies this year have been horrendous at best...fleury has looked better then both tbo and caron in Pittsburgh and playing in the AHL

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
zetterberg40 said:
and ur basing thing on what? how many times have u actually seen him?

I've seen him play at least 30 times. If you've seen him play then you'd know, he's selfish, doesn't use his linemates and quits when things aren't going his way. I'm a UofM fan and I think Hensick is highly skilled but until he quits playing as an individual and learns to use his linemates, his game will not translate to the NHL.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
With MAF's stellar play in the first month and a half and the Pen's horrendous goaltending and high ambition for the playoffs this year, I'm willing to bet that the Pens will bite the bullet with the bonuses and have him up and playing as their starter in the new year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
zetterberg40 said:
IMHO he's played just as good over the years as cam and tambs... maybe better sometimes IMHO

Doesn't matter. Hensick is a punk, IMO. Plays ONLY for himself and doesn't care about his linemates or anythign else. I've never liked the kid and expressed far before the draft that I thought he'd fall pretty far in the draft because of this. A few people have echoed the same things I've said in regards to his play and attitude.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Spectacular_Bid said:
I've seen him play at least 30 times. If you've seen him play then you'd know, he's selfish, doesn't use his linemates and quits when things aren't going his way. I'm a UofM fan and I think Hensick is highly skilled but until he quits playing as an individual and learns to use his linemates, his game will not translate to the NHL.

Right on. I didn't see this before I posted. Good to see a few people agreeing on this.

I remember when I said I would be suprised to see him taken before the 3rd round and a few people were very suprised/pissed at that assumption.

Seems quite a few teams saw what others saw.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
You didn't ask about Barry Tallackson, but did anyone see the game last night? I read he had a couple of points and was wondering how he looked. Thanks.

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
Abyss said:
You didn't ask about Barry Tallackson, but did anyone see the game last night? I read he had a couple of points and was wondering how he looked. Thanks.

I didn't see much of the game, but he looked a little slow/sluggish to me. Maybe someone who watched the whole thing can contribute more.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
On Voloshenko, I'm somewhere between Wildtate and Doobie. I wouldn't be suprised to see him called up once or twice toward the end of this season, and I think he's got a decent chance of finishing next season with the big club. Outside chance of making the team out of camp next year, but more likely starting the season in Houston and working his way in as the season progresses.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Jon Prescription said:
Right on. I didn't see this before I posted. Good to see a few people agreeing on this.

I remember when I said I would be suprised to see him taken before the 3rd round and a few people were very suprised/pissed at that assumption.

Seems quite a few teams saw what others saw.

I think people who don't know much about the game watch Hensick and see his slick moves and the amount of points he puts up and they look past all the other holes in his game. I honestly can't see him making it to the next level if he does not change his game. Its to bad too because this kid is loaded with talent.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Not to sidetrack this topic...but i want to add a prospect

Igor Grigorenko. I just havent heard enough about him and i am fishing for information ;)

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
From what I've heard/read (not saw mind ya). It seems that Grigs has finally made it back to where he was pre accident. He was duking out with the likes of Malkin at the top of the league in scoring (was behind though). If everything goes well he'll prob be in NA next year and be given a shot to make the team out of camp. One or the other I think he'll be in NA, maybe a year in the AHL. I'd say 2007 as the absolute latest, 2006 is probably realistic. It also helps that he plays rw wing which is a position the Wings are weak at both NHL playerwise and prospect wise.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Murderworks said:
Sotnos, does Polushin have any trade value, or would it be in a package?
Russian player with some past injuries who wants a one-way contract? His value is really really low, and in a package he'd basically be a throw in (kinda like Zainullan whose rights have been traded like 5 times now without ever setting foot in North America) unless some team thinks they can tempt him to come over. My $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->