NFL: When will the New York Jets win their first game?

When will the Jets win their first game?

• Total voters

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It would be back-breaking for the Jets to go anything other than 0-16 this year, and every Jets fan I know personally is actively cheering for them to lose out.

An 0-16 record coupled with a potentially pissed Woody Johnson coming back from the UK would likely be the nails in Gase's coffin, and no way Lawrence's inner circle will let him be ruined by Gase. If the Jets can get a good, offensive-minded coaching staff in there that works with young players, that would be a different story.
As Jets fans I watch them to cheer for the other team. I have never been more frustrated by a sport franchise like that. They are awful and I agree a 0-16 season would initiate a chain of reaction that would shake this putrid organisation to their core.

member 157595

As Jets fans I watch them to cheer for the other team. I have never been more frustrated by a sport franchise like that. They are awful and I agree a 0-16 season would initiate a chain of reaction that would shake this putrid organisation to their core.

There is nothing more humiliating than cheering against your own team. You feel physically disgusted to your core even when you know it's the best thing going forward. I've been there.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
if lawrence is smart he'll pull an eli and refuse to play for them

As much as i'd love to see it, i don't think it happens.

Eli at least had a legitimate excuse given the Spanos family being such bad owners you have people within the organization telling Archie to not let his boy go there.

Lawrence could leverage the fact Gase's stupid ass willingly trotted out his players through injury to save his own hide, but given he's likely to be fired long before Lawrence ever plays an NFL down he likely won't have much.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
if lawrence is smart he'll pull an eli and refuse to play for them
RG3 price tag was 3 first round picks and more right. Lawrence would command much more than that. Either a couple of second rounders or a second plus a guy who is at most 2 years into a rookie contract in addition to the 3 firsts.

Lawrence would be in a tough situation with no help around him if the OL isn’t good to begin with.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Miami game could be one to monitor depending on the weather if it’s a warm weather team going into cold weather.

member 157595

No team deserves to go 0-16.

The players don't deserve it. But the coaches, front office and ownership all resoundingly do deserve it, and then some.

EDIT: Also, "deserving" has nothing to do with it in the first place. You get what you earn in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
If the Raiders beat the Falcons this week I think they lose to the Jets the following week. They lost to them 34-3 last year. I have a bad feeling they lose one of these two "gimme" games that takes them out of the drivers seat for a wild card spot.

member 157595

If the Raiders beat the Falcons this week I think they lose to the Jets the following week. They lost to them 34-3 last year. I have a bad feeling they lose one of these two "gimme" games that takes them out of the drivers seat for a wild card spot.

If a team in the playoff hunt loses to the Jets they probably won't be in the driver's seat of anything.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Their schedule is so easy they could still make the playoffs with a loss to the Jets or Falcons but it makes those games against Indy and Miami must wins instead of a split probably being enough to get in. In typical Raiders fashion they will go 2-0 against Indy and Miami but finish 2-2 in the remaining games against the Falcons, Jets, Chargers and Broncos and end up needing help to get in. Holding on against the Chiefs on Sunday would have been such a huge win.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Their schedule is so easy they could still make the playoffs with a loss to the Jets or Falcons but it makes those games against Indy and Miami must wins instead of a split probably being enough to get in. In typical Raiders fashion they will go 2-0 against Indy and Miami but finish 2-2 in the remaining games against the Falcons, Jets, Chargers and Broncos and end up needing help to get in. Holding on against the Chiefs on Sunday would have been such a huge win.
at 6-4, if they can take care of the teams that they should be that gets them to 10-4. So, a split with Indy/Mia would take them to 11-5 and should be the 1WC team. 10-6 should also get them in, but you don't want to be losing to both Indy and Miami if it were to come down to tie breakers and either head to head or common opponents would come into play.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I doubt even NFC East teams can lose to the Jets.
It's the NFC East. They'd scratch out 2-2.

First tie-breaker for draft position ties is strength of schedule, the weaker schedule gets the higher pick. Jaguars have a decent lead in that right now (.551 for their schedule vs .583 for the Jets schedule).
Beating New England to finish 1-15 and end up having the 2nd pick because Jacksonville also finished 1-15 but had the worse SOS would be a completely Jets thing to do.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
In what will likely be their best chance to win all season, the Jets still find a way to blow the game and fall to 0-12.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would imagine Seattle is going to come out pissed at home after an embarrassing lose to the Giants.

Not seeing them losing to a Browns team who will be fighting for their playoff lives. Same for the Rams.

So it comes down to them beating an very inconsistent Pats team or not.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I figured there'd be an end of season win just to spoil everything.

Why would they fire him? Don't get me wrong, LA is underachieving but he coached them to the big one just 2 years ago.
That loss to the Jets is completely unacceptable and unprofessional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->