NFL: When will the New York Jets win their first game?

When will the Jets win their first game?

• Total voters

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Chargers are the only shot for a win. And that's only because they're the Chargers.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I voted for the Chargers game as they're susceptible to losing stupid games like this, but I could also see them beating Miami, Cleveland, and one of the New England games.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Considering how Miami just trashed them with ease i don't think there is a "first win" this season for them. I think their best chance was Denver and they absolutely blew that game.

There's no team on that list that you can say the Jets are better than. Vegas looks like at the minimum they'll be competing for a playoff spot, the Chiefs are the Chiefs. Cleveland will likely be competing for a payoff spot come week 16. The Rams and Seahawks will be fighting for a division title. Hell even the Patriots and Chargers are better.

It'd be different if it was an 08 Lions situation where they at least lost a few games by less than 10 points. The Jets have been beaten soundly in every game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Now that they are the last winless team, they should be full-steam ahead for 0-16 unless/until all the 1-win teams win again

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think their best shots are chargers and dolphins for wins this season. Even a so so NE team at least won’t beat themselves.

see a winless season as more likely though.

always hard on teams who have to trade up for a QBS. Jets gave up 3 extra seconds one they got in the Richardson trade. Teams need that cheap depth from those picks.
Look at Indy they are a solid team all around except at WB. Who knew Luck would retire due to his injuries so early. Imagine them taking Darnold rather than trade with the Jets? No Nelson at Guard and take away those 3 second rounders.

changes the dynamic of their roster.

now the colts need a QB. Would they give up the draft capital to get a fields or Lance? Those extra picks they got in the Jets deal will be due for contracts in another 1-2 years costing them cap space.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jets could keep Darnold if Lawrence pulls the power move and says he doesn’t want to go there.

but the negative for Trevor is that the team who wants him would have to gut their draft capital to do so. The Dolphins have 2 first rounders and could move Tua for another so they would get hit too badly. Jags have 2 firsts as well.

so there will be less help around without the extra draft picks to offset the roster.

price for Lawrence will be higher than what Washington gave the Rams for RG3.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think they will win a game, but all the of the other teams will have the two wins. So they will get the first pick.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I honestly don't think they can win a single game this year. I expected them to be bad, but this is astronomical.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Surprised the overwhelming vote for 0-16. The team certainly doesn't look capable of competing against anybody right now, but a winless season is so rare that I'm surprised it's favored here.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Buffalo game this week could be interesting

Sandwich game looking at their Bills schedule (TEN/KC/NE/SEA), BUF coming in of two defensive debacles.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Surprised the overwhelming vote for 0-16. The team certainly doesn't look capable of competing against anybody right now, but a winless season is so rare that I'm surprised it's favored here.

Might wanna refer to the post above yours. They aren't even competitive in any of these games, they're an all-time bad team even if they squeak out a win.

The 0-16 Lions were -90 through 6 games, the 0-16 Browns were -63 through six

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad