when will the league crack down hard on embelishment?

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
That call on Getzlaf for shaw's world class Olympic dive was the joke of the season.

Was roughly the same call as Shaw's on Manson. Stick in the feet where it shouldn't be. The better question is, why would Getzlaf even put himself in that position at that point in the game? To actually answer the question: agree with @leaflover.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Probably never. Nor do I really care that much. Isn't everyone always calling for more PPs anyway ?

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
soon hopefully.

About the only thing that could make me stop watching hockey is if the diving gets to be as bad (and as accepted) as it is in soccer.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
The league wants less injuries and more scoring. Diving increases powerplay scoring and decreases the incentive to play aggressive physically.

Is it a good solution? No. But I doubt anyone's in a rush to crack down on diving as long as its "helpful" to their main goals.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Was roughly the same call as Shaw's on Manson. Stick in the feet where it shouldn't be. The better question is, why would Getzlaf even put himself in that position at that point in the game? To actually answer the question: agree with @leaflover.
Difference was Shaws stick got under the blade of Manson, anyone will fall from that and it is a penalty.

As for the Getzlaf penalty he barley pushed on his leg and the Hawks player got air. That's straight embellishment. However Getzlaf should have never done that since Hawks players were flopping all game.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
They could eliminate diving if they wanted. Review dives and retroactively fine/suspend players. But have some meat on the bone. Real fines. Real suspensions. It's one of the things that's ruining the game in my opinion.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
According to some here, it's okay for goalies to dive. You start in the crease, make the player that embellished sit in the box even if it's a starting goalie.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
That call on Getzlaf for shaw's world class Olympic dive was the joke of the season.

well, it was quite the dive for sure, maybe not joke of the season...

the funny part was shaw got "tapped" behind his right knee, yet his left leg flew up higher than his shoulders. Nice work there... :laugh:

at minimum this should have been call on both players, the correct call would have been diving on shaw.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
They already are. The league reviews every game and every obvious dive gets added to the players resume. They should do more though.
divingNHL.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad