New York Islanders: Third Jersey Announced

When will the 3rd jersey be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Lou probably shut it down

we've been hearing about the 3rd jersey for a long time before lou came on board. I doubt that lou would have the power to kill it. maybe he can say that once the team wears it for 2 or 3 years (however long the contract is for with the manufacturer) they won't have another 3rd jersey. But I still think we're getting a 3rd jersey for this year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
we've been hearing about the 3rd jersey for a long time before lou came on board. I doubt that lou would have the power to kill it. maybe he can say that once the team wears it for 2 or 3 years (however long the contract is for with the manufacturer) they won't have another 3rd jersey. But I still think we're getting a 3rd jersey for this year.

Third jerseys are mandated by the NHL I'm pretty sure. We might get away with not having one for a season or two, but they'll always come back.

They're waiting for us to shut down the jersey-ranking thread for fear the new 3rd may come in last place as a late entry.

That's probably right. So two more weeks.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Can't imagine our jersey would be considered epic, unless it's epic in a bad way.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I really should add another option: "Lou sent the 3rd jersey to Robidas Island".

Hopefully not to “Robidas Island” but to “Ladd land.”

Can't imagine our jersey would be considered epic, unless it's epic in a bad way.

Wouldn’t it be something, after years of bad third jerseys the Islanders completely flip the script and come out with a winner!

Reactions: sabremike

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The only thing epic would be if it were the fisherman jersey
That's kind of what I was thinking - if it is the Isles with the "epic" jersey, chances are it's not just some run of the mill variation on the regular jersey or an update of the Stadium Series, etc.. More likely it would be a retro take on the fisherman jersey (perhaps sans the fisherman, or maybe with an actual Stan Fischler face in honor of Stan!).

That "Isles" script logo that we've seen is apparently legit, and it include a fish hook - just saying.

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Maybe pajama jerseys?

thumb.aspx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad