When will Tarasenko become the new face of the franchise?

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I just found out about that now. Does anyone know the meaning of it, is there something deeper, or just maybe something little and it's over?

It was competition amongst teammates. As a fan, I love to see that stuff. Hitch basically said that is what he wanted to happen lol.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I thought the no brainer face of franchise is already Tarasenko. I would have never thought Oshie was... Up in Canada, Id say most would say Tarasenko.. Some may have said Pietrangelo before season started who they think of when they are asked about the Blues

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
From a Canucks fan, Backes always felt like the Blues identity. Gritty, hard to score on and play against type team.

That said, Tarasenko is most definitely the face of your franchise now. I've followed him since his rookie year, and I knew he was going to an offensive dynamo due to his immense puck possession skills and offensive smarts.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
As a hockey fan who lives outside of St. Louis, my perception was that Backes and Pietrangelo were the "faces" of the Blues. I never perceived Oshie to be the face of the franchise - he's just not good enough. Outside of the Olympic shootout hype, I always considered Oshie to be a good (not great), gritty player but nothing special (as in NHL star player). That said, right now, Tarasenko is absolutely the face of the St. Louis Blues, from an outsider's perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad