When will Latendresse be back?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Sucks for Hoffman would would be up in his place if his collarbone was sound.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
In the grand scheme of things the "Latendresse Era" will be as fondly remembered and talked about as the "Tyler Arnason Era".

This guy had a chance to make an impact and he showed up to camp out-of-shape. For someone that is injury-prone, that is a kiss of death for a season. Pascal Leclaire was also notorious for doing nothing during the offseason so you can see where this is heading.

I'd just dump him on waivers and go with youth.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
In the grand scheme of things the "Latendresse Era" will be as fondly remembered and talked about as the "Tyler Arnason Era".

This guy had a chance to make an impact and he showed up to camp out-of-shape. For someone that is injury-prone, that is a kiss of death for a season. Pascal Leclaire was also notorious for doing nothing during the offseason so you can see where this is heading.

I'd just dump him on waivers and go with youth.

Who said he showed up out of shape?

He said he was near 233 which is the weight he likes to play at. The guy is rusty as heck having hardly played in 2 years and without the luxury of a training camp. Add to that the fact that his reason for not playing was that he was concussed. These things were bound to play against a player like him rebounding quickly especially with a new team.

I'll cut him some slack until he plays some 20 games or more. It's not his fault that it's a short season. He did many things right when he was playing just not to the level of a top 6 yet but he isn't alone.

Wiercioch2Karlsson

Sep 13, 2010
So many excuses. Guy gets paid millions to be an athlete. He wasn't in good enough shape to start the season, period. That's lame. Real professionals like Anderson worked their ***** off to stay in game shape. He doesn't contribute, and he's not the kind of person we need hanging around this young team. This season is too short to baby him along.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So many excuses. Guy gets paid millions to be an athlete. He wasn't in good enough shape to start the season, period. That's lame. Real professionals like Anderson worked their ***** off to stay in game shape. He doesn't contribute, and he's not the kind of person we need hanging around this young team. This season is too short to baby him along.

Couldn't agree more, he has to start contributing much more, more hits, more pts & making a difference in games. He just keeps reminding me of Kovalev, a guy you think will break out any second & never does, a guy you expect so much more from who just doesn't deliver. He has the potential to be this team's new whipping boy. I think he is lucky there will not be any more player introductions or he could get booed out of town.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Who said he showed up out of shape?

He said he was near 233 which is the weight he likes to play at. The guy is rusty as heck having hardly played in 2 years and without the luxury of a training camp. Add to that the fact that his reason for not playing was that he was concussed. These things were bound to play against a player like him rebounding quickly especially with a new team.

I'll cut him some slack until he plays some 20 games or more. It's not his fault that it's a short season. He did many things right when he was playing just not to the level of a top 6 yet but he isn't alone.

Hey dude, it's a fact!

Random posters said it on this message board, so it MUST be true.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Hey dude, it's a fact!

He didnt "look" in shape. He could barely bend his knees when skating... He ever roll out those hamstrings? They look like fiddle strings...

If the first week of the season you have ice bags taped all over your groin, hips, etc... You arent in that great of shape...

Nothing to do with rust or any of that...

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He didnt "look" in shape. He could barely bend his knees when skating... He ever roll out those hamstrings? They look like fiddle strings...

If the first week of the season you have ice bags taped all over your groin, hips, etc... You arent in that great of shape...

Nothing to do with rust or any of that...

actually it sounds exactly like rust.

i'd like to see a source where it talks about latendresse showing up out of shape this year. everything i heard was that he was in shape. give this guy some slack. if in 10 games or so he's still struggling then yeah we can look for a replacement.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Hey dude, it's a fact!

I forgot about these internet truths. :laugh:

We can be guilty of taking an opinion as the truth even though it is made without knowing anything about the player or his injury status. It's compounded when others jump in and repeat it and it takes on a life of its own.

The only facts are that Guillaume has not been playing up to his 'hoped for' potential. We can guess at the reasons but the only thing we know is his injury history and the uphill situation he faces. If he was a total goof off on the ice then fan displeasure would be understandable but Lats has been hitting, fore checking, back checking and going hard to the net. He doesn't skate like a gazelle but he's not a lazy skater just watch him work when he plays. He's had good chances but just wasn't able to cash in.

Another fact is that the only players in game shape at the start of the season were those who were playing competitive hockey when the lockout ended. Even this level of fitness varied by the type of hockey played. If you want an expert opinion just ask Alfie.

In fairness Lats needs a longer time to adjust to reach his offensive potential.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
In fairness Lats needs a longer time to adjust to reach his offensive potential.

That's his biggest problem. I agree that he needs at least 10 and probably 15 games before he will feel comfortable, but, with this compressed season, it is difficult to justfy keeping him in the lineup, on the hope and prayer that 10-15 games is all he needs to shake the rust off.

I'm not going to speculate on his injury, but him being out opened a spot for Zib, and Zib is showing that he doesn't want to give it up without a fight. I think Latendresse has more hockey smarts than Zib at this point, but Zib has a lot more speed, tenacity and drive, which in turn, generates more offence.

Had this been a regular season, with a full training camp, and actual time to practice, I think Latendresse would have fared better.

Still, as of right now, it's difficult to give him meaningful ice time so he can get back into the swing of things when there are other players who are in mid-season form.

If anything, he will be a decent depth guy.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
That's his biggest problem. I agree that he needs at least 10 and probably 15 games before he will feel comfortable, but, with this compressed season, it is difficult to justfy keeping him in the lineup, on the hope and prayer that 10-15 games is all he needs to shake the rust off.

I'm not going to speculate on his injury, but him being out opened a spot for Zib, and Zib is showing that he doesn't want to give it up without a fight. I think Latendresse has more hockey smarts than Zib at this point, but Zib has a lot more speed, tenacity and drive, which in turn, generates more offence.

Had this been a regular season, with a full training camp, and actual time to practice, I think Latendresse would have fared better.

Still, as of right now, it's difficult to give him meaningful ice time so he can get back into the swing of things when there are other players who are in mid-season form.

If anything, he will be a decent depth guy.

That's a fair assessment.

I'm not suggesting that Lats automatically deserves to be in the top 6 if a better player is available. Zbad's anticipation on the fore check is surprising for a young player. From young forwards I've only seen similar O-zone and neutral zone interceptions from Silfv and Stone playing in Bingo. Stache will make room for both Lats and Zbad in the lineup at some point if he thinks it will help the team win.

TheOriginalSilf*

Just wait until he comes back, scores a goal, and everyone praises the guy. Typical HF Sens board fashion.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
The last I saw him he was moving like he was 10 years older than Alfie. If he comes back and he shows a better work ethic than I'll be happy. As of right now he just hasn't shown it hence all the hatred. I respect a guy in the lineup who moves his ass, regardless of whether or not he scores. He hasn't shown anything to warrant that respect.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
I'm surprised no one has used a Cheechoo reference yet. Guy has a career year then starts to decline/injured so Ottawa decided to give him a shot. Enjoy the door, fine sir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->