When will Kostitsyn wake up?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
What is going on with him? He has so much talent and could easily lead in points for our team in a season. Something is obviously holding him back so far. What's up?

I doubt very much he will. He was saying for months in every interview in Russia, he would prefer to spend the entire year in Russia, too late to start the NHL season now, which was early December. That's all he talked about in every interview. So, if you are awaiting for him to show up, you may be waiting a long time and be a little disappointed. He will just go through the motions.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I doubt very much he will. He was saying for months in every interview in Russia, he would prefer to spend the entire year in Russia, too late to start the NHL season now, which was early December. That's all he talked about in every interview. So, if you are awaiting for him to show up, you may be waiting a long time and be a little disappointed. He will just go through the motions.

Let me guess, Canadiens fan?

Kostitsyn hasn't really played poorly...no more so than any of our forwards, outside of Wilson and a couple of the bottom six guys. He's just a victim of the same offensive malaise that the rest of the team is right now.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Let me guess, Canadiens fan?

Kostitsyn hasn't really played poorly...no more so than any of our forwards, outside of Wilson and a couple of the bottom six guys. He's just a victim of the same offensive malaise that the rest of the team is right now.

Wrong. No dude, I am not a Canadiens fan. I'm not a Nashville fan. The OP presented a question and I answered it based on what I read in Russian interviews over the course of the lockout.

I didn't make any comment on his play, poor bad indifferent or anything for that matter. Outside 1 period of action.... I haven't seen Nashville play...and if I watch Nashville games, it's only to see how my Canadians are playing, i.e. Weber etc... I don't give a **** about the other guy or how he's playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
When will Fisher wake up, when will Smith wake up, when will Legwand wake up, when will Weber wake up, when will Rinne wake up, when will Hannan, Klein, Gill, Fisher, Bourque, Erat, Goose, wake up?

This entire team is in a funk and is as bad as any Predators team I can remember.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
SK not pulling the trigger on that PP last night was ridiculous; however, after that period he did seem to be skating more aggressively, so perhaps someone had a chat with him that at least got through to him for a little while.

Wilson has been our only consistent forward; well, Clune - but I'm guessing he doesn't really count - and perhaps Spaling. Leggy has been ok most of the time - although I wish he could hit the net occasionally cause he has gotten into position for some good chances. Erat has been ok. I can't put anyone else in that category - it's a general malaise. Smith and Goose have generally been miserable even in their limited time.

Shea Weber

May 13, 2011
Nashville
Wrong. No dude, I am not a Canadiens fan. I'm not a Nashville fan. The OP presented a question and I answered it based on what I read in Russian interviews over the course of the lockout.

I didn't make any comment on his play, poor bad indifferent or anything for that matter. Outside 1 period of action.... I haven't seen Nashville play...and if I watch Nashville games, it's only to see how my Canadians are playing, i.e. Weber etc... I don't give a **** about the other guy or how he's playing.

Because those are so reliable and unbiased?

I like how you say he's probably just going through the motions and in your next post say you haven't seen Nashville play.

Not hatin'. Just sayin'.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
SK never said that he didn't want to play in the NHL or Nashville this year, never said he preferred the KHL or anything like that. He said that the reason he would rather stay all season over there is that it's difficult to move during the season, to leave your teammates that you've been battling with, to leave the city that you've made your home in.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
What is going on with him? He has so much talent and could easily lead in points for our team in a season. Something is obviously holding him back so far. What's up?

I don't think he has that much talent. I think he is overrated. On this team when goals are at a premium if you score at all then you are given praise.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
SK not pulling the trigger on that PP last night was ridiculous; however, after that period he did seem to be skating more aggressively, so perhaps someone had a chat with him that at least got through to him for a little while.

Wilson has been our only consistent forward; well, Clune - but I'm guessing he doesn't really count - and perhaps Spaling. Leggy has been ok most of the time - although I wish he could hit the net occasionally cause he has gotten into position for some good chances. Erat has been ok. I can't put anyone else in that category - it's a general malaise. Smith and Goose have generally been miserable even in their limited time.

It was ridiculous, but, you could see what he was attempting. SK got the puck to Wilson's stick blade in the crease for a tap in ... unfortunately, it was to the wrong side of the blade and the glorious pass attempt didn't work.

tserberis*

It was ridiculous, but, you could see what he was attempting. SK got the puck to Wilson's stick blade in the crease for a tap in ... unfortunately, it was to the wrong side of the blade and the glorious pass attempt didn't work.

That is correct.

BTW how the **** you can't just redirect it into the open net???

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
That is correct.

BTW how the **** you can't just redirect it into the open net???

The angles just weren't right for a redirect. Wilson needed to first control, then try to tap the puck in with how his body and blade were oriented to the pass. That's one of those times where SK needs to put a shot on net and let his teammates collect any rebound rather than try for the cute pass through to the far post hoping for a tap in.

Great vision to see Wilson there, decent pass to get the puck to him, bad decision to not take the shot.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i think wilson could have tipped that in without catching the pass.

why does everyone bash sk? so what if he has been invisible? who hasn't been?!? what about legwand and fisher? they have been utterly worthless

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday

why does everyone bash sk? so what if he has been invisible? who hasn't been?!? what about legwand and fisher? they have been utterly worthless

If I had to guess its because we miss SK's offense more than fish's and leggys. I think he'll find his game soon.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
If I had to guess its because we miss SK's offense more than fish's and leggys. I think he'll find his game soon.

he will. our forwards are probably in the tops for most inconsistent. sad part is even when they're "consistent", they still aren't producing nothing like a top 6 should. outside of a few runs where they do okay.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

SK should get more criticism because his cold streak started in March of 2012. At least Fisher and Legwand showed up for the playoffs.

This year though, I agree. All have been invisible for the most part. I just expect more out of SK I guess. This is par for the course for Legwand

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
SK should get more criticism because his cold streak started in March of 2012. At least Fisher and Legwand showed up for the playoffs.

This year though, I agree. All have been invisible for the most part. I just expect more out of SK I guess. This is par for the course for Legwand

sk deserves criticism.. like you said, his play has been bad for a while. but right now, its pretty much the whole team. seems silly to constantly be on sk's case. legwand has been an inconsistent turd ever since kariya left. fisher has been a dud, too. erat is the only top 6 producing to me. even weber is showing he is nowhere near his money. maybe he should get blame. he is the captain

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
From my standpoint it's because he's a skilled forward who refuses to shoot the puck. That's good that he loves to pass and create chances, or what he views as chances, but at a certain point he has to become more selfish and do it himself when he has the opportunity. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or what. SK is also more of an offensive player than Fisher or Legwand so when he's not doing anything offensively, he's not doing much at all.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

isn't legwand leading the team in goals scored? granted not much of an accomplishment, but..... and I believe in FO%, too - for the real FO guys. Lotta' guys to b!tch about but I'm not should Leggy is one, at least not yet! :laugh:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
isn't legwand leading the team in goals scored? granted not much of an accomplishment, but..... and I believe in FO%, too - for the real FO guys. Lotta' guys to b!tch about but I'm not should Leggy is one, at least not yet! :laugh:

leading the team that is last in goals per game.. 2 goals, 0 assists for a total of 2 points. he would be on pace for 27 points in an 82 game season... really great for our #1 or #2 center.. whatever he is. he's not really been a great shutdown guy either so far. but you're right, this is what we should expect from him. good as it gets from the caveman

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

Legwand does enough to get by. Still traditional to bash on him though :laugh:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

he hasn't even taken 100 faceoffs yet. he's 52 for 91 i believe. his faceoff percentage will be back around 45% in no time. you don't just become great at faceoffs after sucking at them for almost 15 years.

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified

SK is a pass first guy. That's been evident since his days playing alongside Koivu. He's gotta stop looking for pass everytime he's in position to score.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
SK has been streaky since he's been here... any day now I expect him to score 5 goals in 6 games or something like it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad