When will it end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
July 15th. I am pretty sure the season will start late if the CBA is not done by the end of this month, because they will not be able to plan the events at the arenas, and the draft needs to take place first.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
mercury said:
I doubt the lockout ends July 6th minus 2 days, since that = National Holiday in the States. Speaking of that, Happy Canada Day to my neighbors to the North!
Bettman at the news conference:

(in Bill Pullman style) "Today, we celebrate our In-dep-end-ce Day! ... and oh by the way, the lockout's over..."

Rakiet*

mercury said:
I doubt the lockout ends July 6th minus 2 days, since that = National Holiday in the States. Speaking of that, Happy Canada Day to my neighbors to the North!

We got to give credit to an american knowing that :clap:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
I thought it would have been a classy move to announce a new deal on Canada Day but I guess we're just not there yet. If it's announced Monday you have to wonder how many will even notice in the States.

That leaves me to guess an announcement of a press conference for Friday (July 8th) morning and you'll see TSN/HF crash for about 5 hrs while everyone tries to get the latest scoop. Trade deadline day times 100.

tbboltsfan03

Jun 17, 2004
Alexandria, Virginia
I was told by the league, that they will resume "I hope" their last meeting on Monday July 4th in NYC. Prior to the Firework Festivities. Since, they had the day off Today because of Canada Day! Happy Canada Day for those of you who live in CANADA!!!

That being said. The deal could be sealed as early as Wednesday afternoon. Followed by the announcement being made publicly. Still a few days away. so don't count on it being 100%. can change or be pushed back. That's if they were needing some more time. But, as soon as this thing lock out ends. Which I really want it for to!. Things will be moving very rapidly. to get the schedules, arenas, trades, and draft pick in time for the 2005-06 season. If not a week late. As projected.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
BigE said:
I thought it would have been a classy move to announce a new deal on Canada Day but I guess we're just not there yet. If it's announced Monday you have to wonder how many will even notice in the States.

That leaves me to guess an announcement of a press conference for Friday (July 8th) morning and you'll see TSN/HF crash for about 5 hrs while everyone tries to get the latest scoop. Trade deadline day times 100.

They cant announce a new deal if its not done right? I think the word Nice should replace Classy.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
I dont know the exact date, but I can tell you it wont be late August or September at the earliest, with a January start to the season. Bank on it.

Last edited:

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
I know this may sound hard for some of you, but why don't we just wait? :eek:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
FLYLine4LIFE said:
They cant announce a new deal if its not done right? I think the word Nice should replace Classy.

Hence I included; "I guess we're just not there yet." ;)

Learn to read. :help:

senate

Feb 25, 2004
Hmm, there is a disturbing lack of "in two weeks" jokes on this thread. Where has all the razor sharp wit gone?

Large_Farva*

Chaos said:
I dont know the exact date, but I can tell you it wont be late August or September at the earliest, with a January start to the season. Book it.

You are a smart guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->