When will he anoint Kadri the top center on the team?

leafspring*

I think when Lupul gets back at the very latest Carlyle should put Kadri with Kessel,but would like to see it happen immediately.I wonder where others stand on this?

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Or don't mess with what him and Mac have. Throw frattin on there tn boom leave it be

And I believe you meant at the very least not latest

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think it should happen, but he does have a good thing going with Mac as well as Frattin. Would hate to break that up. Something has to be done, though.

hockeyfanz*

I think when Lupul gets back at the very latest Carlyle should put Kadri with Kessel,but would like to see it happen immediately.I wonder where others stand on this?

I dont know...looking at the Leafs scoring leaders its pretty apparent to me who the Leafs #1C is.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Hopefully not till next season. Let Kadri have a full (half) season of playing away from top shutdown players. If Bozak wants more than 3 million let him walk this summer and have a centre line up of Kadri, Grabovski, McClement, insert goon. This would give us two solid scoring lines and a true shutdown third line, letting Grabovski return to be an offensive centre.

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Frattin
Kulemin - McClement - Komarov
McLaren - Goon - Orr

leafspring*

I dont know...looking at the Leafs scoring leaders its pretty apparent to me who the Leafs #1C is.

More than that though i think he makes the line better defensively than Bozak does too. Kadri is turning into a darn good defensive center in his own right. He is hands down better playmaker than Bozak.Tougher,more competitive etc,etc,etc but Bozak wins face-offs seems to be the determining factor to him staying with Kessel.

I can't buy it any more and Kadri doesn't need sheltering any longer. He is the cure for Kessels low scoring success. I think he would take charge actually if he were to get it.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Putting all our top point getters on the same line would make defending the Leafs really easy. Having two lines that can produce is probably the Leafs biggest strength.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Split the offense. As much as people "hate" Kessel, the teams are pairing their top D against the JVR, Kessel line. That leaves the Kadri line against weaker D. He can continue to produce and gain that confidence. It's his first full NHL season. There's no need to "rush" him and put that #1C burden on his shoulders.

As far as he's concerned, he's still the #3C. Let him play a few shifts per night with Kessel and Lupul from time to time.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
I think Kadri will not be good enough to be a #1C long term.
He's having a great run right now but he's not #1C on most teams.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Maybe once we start losing more often it can be tried. But right now we have be winning. What we have been doing has been working. No need to change it just yet.

leafspring*

Hopefully not till next season. Let Kadri have a full (half) season of playing away from top shutdown players. If Bozak wants more than 3 million let him walk this summer and have a centre line up of Kadri, Grabovski, McClement, insert goon. This would give us two solid scoring lines and a true shutdown third line, letting Grabovski return to be an offensive centre.

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Frattin
Kulemin - McClement - Komarov
McLaren - Goon - Orr

That third line you have is one that matches up against any in the league if they find chemistry together.;)

Why do you think next year he will be better suited to go against the top shut down players? Boston had Chara against him every chance they could.

leafspring*

I think Kadri will not be good enough to be a #1C long term.
He's having a great run right now but he's not #1C on most teams.

He not a #1c now either,but he is better than most teams #1c with third line wingers.Go figure eh!

leafspring*

When we know he can take the offense of the top leagues, he's thriving because he's mainly facing the number 3 pair and the second pair.

Chara was against him plenty,and this sheltered minutes theory is getting blown out of proportion. Its whats being said alot but in games he has been drawing attention of oppositions best d-pair for many games now.

(this is a general statement) People need to watch the games closer i'm thinkin.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Chara was against him plenty,and this sheltered minutes theory is getting blown out of proportion. Its whats being said alot but in games he has been drawing attention of oppositions best d-pair for many games now.

(this is a general statement) People need to watch the games closer i'm thinkin.

Actually that was when there was a change of shift. I know what he is capable of but insulating our prospect and players is needed and carlyle is doing very well.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
UVaJGNn.jpg

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
That third line you have is one that matches up against any in the league if they find chemistry together.;)

Why do you think next year he will be better suited to go against the top shut down players? Boston had Chara against him every chance they could.

He's earned the right to at least start next season on the top line to see how he does. Kadri has gotten better every year, so with some playoff experience (hopefully) and another summer of training with Gary Roberts under his belt, he should be stronger and a better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad