When will a deal get done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker*

Personally, I couldn't miss NHL more. Playoffs=Golden Without them, something seems boring

GreenBud

Feb 2, 2005
Vancouver
ubongs.blogspot.com
The NHL is clueless. The PA is extremely clueless. I watch ESPN, FSN, and assorted other American channels daily. Hockey is never mentioned, and when it does, rest assured, a joke will be made of it. Do the league and the PA not see this and realize the road they have taken? They are killing the league. I cannot believe how brain dead these group of morons are. They are ruining Canada's game.

I voted for after the start of next season before we see any kind of deal to start because they quite obviously are extremely D-U-M-B.

The first poster mentioned that it's getting 'serious'. :biglaugh: Ahh, no. It was 'serious', oh, I don't know, last fall perhaps? I don't even think there is a word for what this situation is now.

The question is what kind of league will it be if and when it starts?

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
hard to disagree .I found myself joining a few nba ,nfl fantasy leagues which resulted in me following them alot more closely than usual .Now that MLB has started (I didnt watch a game from '95 til at least 2000)coupled with the Jays good start I'm getting my pro sports / stats fanatic /fantasy sport fanatic fix .

when will nhl be back ? , my answer = whenever the egos are set aside and they do it for the good of the game .both sides need to walk away feeling good about it .

Jan '06

In_Todd_we_trust said:
But thats ok, I am enjoying the NBA playoffs with the Heat on a tear and look forward to watching the Sox go for a repeat in the fall, along with seeing my Leo's get the Grey Cup. After that, there is the olympics and the Super Bowl, so missing hockey isn't really that bad.

A year ago I thought I never would have said that. *THAT* is the real damage that is being done to hockey. Once it comes back, will even the truely hardcore fans manage to find their passion again?

NYIsles1*

Goodenow before the lockout began told the players be ready to sit for two years and I think that is what he feels will break Bettman and the owners. I have no doubt he is preparred to do this.

I think he will take his chances and try to break the league in the courts than agree to any cba where salaries do not somehow esculate. He wants a system where he can count on corporate owners esculating salary and he could care less that the business is losing money or about revenue sharing, not his problem.

If Bettman is forced to go to the courts (and wins) at some point next season we will see replacement players on the ice which will eventually break the union and end the lockout. My guess is this must happen no later than December.

If the owners decide not to go the replacement route we could well see another full year without NHL hockey, they have the lockout fund and knew this was a real possibility before this began.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
NYIsles1 said:
Goodenow before the lockout began told the players be ready to sit for two years and I think that is what he feels will break Bettman and the owners. I have no doubt he is preparred to do this.

I think he will take his chances and try to break the league in the courts than agree to any cba where salaries do not somehow esculate. He wants a system where he can count on corporate owners esculating salary and he could care less that the business is losing money or about revenue sharing, not his problem.

If Bettman is forced to go to the courts (and wins) at some point next season we will see replacement players on the ice which will eventually break the union and end the lockout. My guess is this must happen no later than December.

If the owners decide not to go the replacement route we could well see another full year without NHL hockey, they have the lockout fund and knew this was a real possibility before this began.[/QUOT

I too believe it's going to take a long time.
Their is no way I believe that Betman and perhaps 2-3 owners are hijacking the entire 30 owners into a hard headed position.
Betman has a majority of owners behind him and he is doing what they want.
As for Goodenow, I believe that Goodenow and a few players are hijacking the entire NHLPA. The entire NHLPA has not voted on any proposal. Yes they have held meetings but the group has run each meeting and forced thier opinion on everyone.
At this point Goodenow and the group MUST go for broke. If they win concessions above the last NHL offer they will announce that they were right to hold out. Therefore they will keep their jobs.
If the NHLPA finally accepts whatever the NHL offers. The rest of the NHLPA will hate the group forever for driving the boat over the cliff.

So the only way this works for Goodenow is to break the owners, forcing them to sign a new CBA that will have 4-6 of them to go broke and selling to new owners. I am sure that Goodenow hopes Bill Gates buys these clubs and offers all the top players in the NHLPA huge raises every year untill MIcrosoft and Bill Gates goes broke. After that who knows. Maybe hockey players should rule the world then look up and demand GOD negotiate a new universal CBA.

So lets all see what happends.
After all we could all be witnessing a historic event.
sports players wishing to sit out until hell freezes over or about 3 more years until the NHL shuts down and all the owners walk away to persue ofther interests. Hockey would become a euro sport only, all players would play in europe because their would be no hockey above JR. in US and Canada.

Wow did I ever start to rant !!!!!!!!!

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
RLC said:
NYIsles1 said:

If the owners decide not to go the replacement route we could well see another full year without NHL hockey, they have the lockout fund and knew this was a real possibility before this began.[/QUOT

I too believe it's going to take a long time.
Their is no way I believe that Betman and perhaps 2-3 owners are hijacking the entire 30 owners into a hard headed position.
Betman has a majority of owners behind him and he is doing what they want.
As for Goodenow, I believe that Goodenow and a few players are hijacking the entire NHLPA. The entire NHLPA has not voted on any proposal. Yes they have held meetings but the group has run each meeting and forced thier opinion on everyone.
At this point Goodenow and the group MUST go for broke. If they win concessions above the last NHL offer they will announce that they were right to hold out. Therefore they will keep their jobs.
If the NHLPA finally accepts whatever the NHL offers. The rest of the NHLPA will hate the group forever for driving the boat over the cliff.

So the only way this works for Goodenow is to break the owners, forcing them to sign a new CBA that will have 4-6 of them to go broke and selling to new owners. I am sure that Goodenow hopes Bill Gates buys these clubs and offers all the top players in the NHLPA huge raises every year untill MIcrosoft and Bill Gates goes broke. After that who knows. Maybe hockey players should rule the world then look up and demand GOD negotiate a new universal CBA.

So lets all see what happends.
After all we could all be witnessing a historic event.
sports players wishing to sit out until hell freezes over or about 3 more years until the NHL shuts down and all the owners walk away to persue ofther interests. Hockey would become a euro sport only, all players would play in europe because their would be no hockey above JR. in US and Canada.

Wow did I ever start to rant !!!!!!!!!
who are the player's you mention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad