When to draft goalies and rookies??

jordyr77

Dec 14, 2012
I'm in a 10 team keeper league, 5 keepers a team, 4D, 9F, 2 Goalies, 4 Bench (any position).
My keepers are Malkin, Crosby, Couture, Green, Pietrangelo
G or A = 1 point, .5 for D points, +1 for PPG,
2 for G win and 2 for G shutout.

For crosby I gave up First round pick (7th ovr), Datsyuk, Nash, Enstrom.

My plan so far,
Take Yalupov or RNH with my 14th ovr, possibly Gaborik or Ryan if available.
I then plan to take the top Goalie. Niemi, Crawford or Price?? (Rask, Quick, Ward are taken)
Maybe draft a top D man available after and then Drouin in the 4th round if he is still available.
How would you go about it? Draft a goalie and rookie high?
I feel one of RNH, Yak or Drouin could replace Couture as a keeper next year. I want to go for it at the same time though.
So where exactly would you draft a goalie, one of RNH or Yak, and Drouin?
RNH and Yak are ranked around 14 ovr based on THN rankings and keepers off the board.

Hutzler

Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
It is hard to say man...a would assume a guys like Drouin, Yakupov, RNH etc would be drafted in the first 2 rounds.

It depends on what peoples needs are.

If I were you I would concentrate on getting a top goalie first.

Pretty crazy that you have both Crosby and Malkin in a 10 mgr keeper pool.

jordyr77

Dec 14, 2012
yah I gave up my chance at winning just to get Crosby! You think Niemi will rack up wins on an aging sharks team??

Reel2Reel

Aug 3, 2013
If it's a keeper league, get as many of the best young guys as you can. Drouin, Yakupov, RNH, etc. Then get the best Goalie that you can.

Edit- Misread it... If you can only keep 5, Draft your favourite between Drouin/Yak/RNH with your top pick and replace couture with them after this season.

jordyr77

Dec 14, 2012
Awesome thanks, I really wanna win this year and goalies will be taking in 80 points for 40 wins plus say 12 more for 6 shutouts. I feel Niemi will be avail third round. Or would you still take Drouin 1st? And Drouin's ceiling > Yakupov/RNH?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad