When the NHL starts up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
How will th draft be done? Will all the teams be put into a lottery, and done that way, or will it be determined by last seasons results? Just wondering what would be the better way to do it. Personally, I think that the lottery would be a better idea.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
There are literally hundreds of threads already on this topic. One was started up just today, and has 35 replies. It'd be better to use one of those threads already going.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I believe they've already stated a lottery would absolutely not happen.
Possibly have one large draft? A combination of the 2005, and 2006 draft class would definitely rejuvenate basically all prospect pools, as essentially the first round would be deep until the 45th pick...

I really can't pretend to know, I don't think they've decided, theyre is still a chance that the NHL starts up after Christmas or something, which would mean business as usual for the draft, however I think that the draft should always be a lottery, even with the Cup winner, and other playoff teams having a "shot" at the top pick, even if it's only a .5% chance. It'd be interesting to see every round chosen by lottery as well, or even just switch it so the guy who picked first, picks 30th in the 2nd round, and first in the 3rd round, and then 30th in the 4th round. That way it evenly distributes talent (kind of...)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I can't see them NOT having a draft if a CBA is in place. That would be unfair to all the players like Brule and Crosby to push back their development a whole year.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Seachd said:
There are literally hundreds of threads already on this topic. One was started up just today, and has 35 replies. It'd be better to use one of those threads already going.

He's right.....I'm starting to get sick of these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->