When talking about the 2002 draftees, why is it PMB gets no recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

I know he isn't the biggest player on the ice and he didn't do much last year in Minnesota (20 pts in 50 games) but he's playing extremely strong this year and held up the Minnesota's offense a bit when Gaborik and Dupuis were holding out.

He's looking really sharp this year and could wind up their first line center even if he is 5'10". He positions himself well and had a couple goal chances stolen by Dafoe last game.

I know Pitkanen, Nash, Jay (sorry can never spell his name right), Semin, Eminger, and a couple others are talked about a lot (even Upshall and Janne Niiminski or however you spell his name for the Oilers) are talked about a lot so why isn't Bouchard?

This kid has some great skill.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I think you're wrong. Because he played in the NHL last season, he got more props around here than the players that played in the didn't play in the NHL last season (like Semin). When there was a "guess these sophomore's point total threads" floating around, PM was usually second behind Nash, but only by 5 points. I still think he can get around 50 this season, which is why I picked him for my Yahoo league. No doubt the kid has talent, but I think he gets his due around here without being "overhyped" like some other prospects.

thestonedkoala

I'm kind of glad he isn't being hyped up. The kid has serious potential to be a superstar in this league. But this year I've noticed that with the releasing from the presses about sophomore jinxs and how Nash, Jay, and the guys are overcoming them I'm wondering, why isn't Bouchard talked about in those articles?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
thestonedkoala said:
I'm kind of glad he isn't being hyped up. The kid has serious potential to be a superstar in this league. But this year I've noticed that with the releasing from the presses about sophomore jinxs and how Nash, Jay, and the guys are overcoming them I'm wondering, why isn't Bouchard talked about in those articles?

Because, for the vast majority, the "hockey press" is a bunch of morons. And, like you said, he only got 20 points in 50 games...he didn't play a whole lot and may have went under the radar of the press. Outside of the top four of 2002, PM will put up more points than everyone else and will be lauded as one of the top players from that draft. Now that Gaborik has come back, is the plan to pair him up with PM? You could have a coat hanger as the other winger on that line and they'll still put up points on a constaint basis.

thestonedkoala

Bouchard might be paired up with Gaborik but it might be unlikely. Bouchard is being played on the wing because of Lemaire and he likes his center with a better defensive positioning.

But you can see my point? Nash, Pitkanen, Semin, Eminger, Chistov are talked about a lot even on this board but Bouchard doesn't come up for guys that will put up a lot of points.

I think though Bouchard might see diminitive ice time due to Gaborik and Dupuis coming back out. Might, might not. Depends.

I pray that Bouchard doesn't get ran over either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad