When playing against Mike Smith tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He’s the fall guy for a myriad of problems that the Coyotes had during his tenure. Bryzgalov lost us way more games than Smith. He’s not a great goalie but I wish him well and certainly don’t blame him for the rich contract he was offered. That’s on the GM.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
He’s the fall guy for a myriad of problems that the Coyotes had during his tenure. Bryzgalov lost us way more games than Smith. He’s not a great goalie but I wish him well and certainly don’t blame him for the rich contract he was offered. That’s on the GM.

“passing to guys who can actually score”

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He’s the fall guy for a myriad of problems that the Coyotes had during his tenure

Smith's 2014-15 was one of the worst in recent memory for a goalie who actually managed to play a full starter's load. Especially in the early season. Dubnyk managed just fine with the same roster over the same time frame; a .916 sv%. Smith was at .887.

After that Smith was league average-ish but every bit of crap flung his way stemmed from that trainwreck of a season which was almost as bad as 11-12 was good.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The negativity here regarding your team when Smith is quite amusing. I guarantee you he is actually much worse than you think he will be. You can shoot wide/at his chest all game, somehow 2 goals will somehow sneak in.

We two fanbases can come together to share the nightmares of Mike Smith's goaltending.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The negativity here regarding your team when Smith is quite amusing. I guarantee you he is actually much worse than you think he will be. You can shoot wide/at his chest all game, somehow 2 goals will somehow sneak in.

We two fanbases can come together to share the nightmares of Mike Smith's goaltending.

That's it. Now I'm expecting a Perlini hattrick... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad