When is the last time the Habs landed a "big fish"?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Well we did get Vancouver's all time greatest captain and Toronto's 2nd greatest all time player once.

Also had Bruins great Andy Moog for a little while if I recall correctly.

theOutsider

Jun 18, 2012
Would you guys consider Nathan Horton a big fish?
He is the player available from this UFA crop.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Roman Hamrlik was a big fish. How often do we get to sign a D of his caliber ? He was an outstanding number 3 and a really good number two for us. Same thing with Cole who was a pretty big fish that year. Not as big as Calamari though.(Hey... If we're in fishes jokes... better go all in !)

Underrated. We need another one like Hamrlik, now. A stud. Totally not sexy in play style but, man he was steady.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Don't know what you guys are talking about clearly noone remembers the Peter Vandermeer sweepstakes

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I agree, Cammy and Gionta were the only big fish and both were not BIG, so I guess you have to say, Little Fish.
I disagree, both where IMO decent pickup....but big fish? nah

Last big fish we got was Kovalev in my opinion. All other players we had since him were just not good fits with the team, for whatever reason. Its great to aim for big impact players but sometimes they just dont have that impact with your team.
Kovalev was traded for and then re-signed. I wish more players enjoyed playing in Montreal the way he did. If Kovalev had won a cup here in Monteal, it would have been epic. I for one like him and yes, he was a big fish.

But re-signed as a free agent.

So many chosed not to, but resigning a player has to be alot easier then fishing in free agency.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
According to me... i think the thing with cammalleri is that despite the goals he didnt get a mega contract his size downgrades his value considerably i am afraid... wich means there was no huge wars for him. And if so? Wich ones?

But dunno... lol

habsfan29

Apr 2, 2013
Well back in 09 and expect it next year with gionta and markov's contract ending and the list of free agency available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->