When is the CBA going to be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Suggestion

Once a link is available, maybe it could be stickied at the top of this forum?

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I am pretty sure Bettman said it would be available in the near future, and the last CBA was on the web in all its glory.

Certainly a better understanding of how the CAP works is needed, as MANY fans will want that information.

MacDaddy TLC*

Did NHL.com have the old CBA on site? I know the PA did. I can hardly wait to start diving into the 600 page document.

Murphy*

Mayor of MacAppolis said:
Did NHL.com have the old CBA on site? I know the PA did. I can hardly wait to start diving into the 600 page document.

I think I'd rather read my textbooks for my exams than read the CBA. And trust me, that's saying alot.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I just want to read the CAP definition. which I'm sure is a 30+ page slog. The revenue sharing, not so much.

Bleifooss

Spongebob said:
Near Future = 2 weeks. :biglaugh:

I feel sorry for whoever has to sit down and type that whole document on the computer. :shakehead

It's probably already written up given each player and the media got their personal copy. It's just to find the person with Adobe on the PC to convert it to a pdf file :D .

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Don Corleone said:
It's probably already written up given each player and the media got their personal copy. It's just to find the person with Adobe on the PC to convert it to a pdf file :D .

Do you really think they gave each player their own personal copy of this 600+ page document? If they did then alot of trees died for nothing because I can guarantee you that most of them didn't read it.

Bleifooss

Spongebob said:
Do you really think they gave each player their own personal copy of this 600+ page document? If they did then alot of trees died for nothing because I can guarantee you that most of them didn't read it.

Yes they did, unfortunately, because I saw players with binders stating "Collective Bargaining Agreement 2005" and their name on te front of the binder. You could see the binders of Shawn McEachern on TV as well as from Tie Domi and Jeff O'Neill. Maybe it was only for those who attended the meeting in Toronto.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Spongebob said:
Near Future = 2 weeks. :biglaugh:

I feel sorry for whoever has to sit down and type that whole document on the computer. :shakehead

It was probably typed up during the process on laptops, and then will be converted to PDF whenever they get around to it.

OR

It was typed up and printed, and they lost the original DOC files (?), and will have to scan it using a PC with appropirate scanner and OCR software, and then verify it and convert it to PDF.

I'm pretty sure it's the first option though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad