When is Savvy coming back? (If he comes back)

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He can't officially retire for insurance/contract reasons, but he frequently mentions on twitter that he still has tough days and struggles after hard workouts. I'd say there's very little chance he ever plays again.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
He's done.
Even if he wanted to come back, with this huge concussion lawsuit in the NFL, I doubt
anyone would sign him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Every time I see a thread about Savvy I hope it is because he is feeling well.

He won't be playing but maybe someday he will coach ?? Who knows.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He really wants to come back and misses hockey so much, but he still has daily headaches and his issues are still lingering...

He's getting married soon and is coaching his son's hockey team, and he's about as happy as you can be for having soup for brains. I can see him staying involved with the Bruins but his time on the ice is over... Better him relax and enjoy his family than come back for nothing, just to get hit again.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
He can't officially retire for insurance/contract reasons.

He could. it's not in his financial best interest though. Keith Foulke is the perfect rare example of an athlete who left millions on the table.

I take nothing away form Savvy for collecting. Especially considering the circumstances surrounding his injury. But it's not accurate to say "he can't". 99.9% of players cash in on guaranteed contacts when they have a potential career ending injury. Foulke was a rare exception.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I love him he was truly elite for us for a couple years since he came here and bought in defensively and put up the points a team without much talent desperately needed. I think when cook hit him the only NHLer with more assists post lockout was Joe Thornton.

He won't play again. I think he took more dings than most people realize the Cup year in the 30 something games he played. Definitely got a concussion from the Little fight in that epic bloodbath game against ATL.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I love him he was truly elite for us for a couple years since he came here and bought in defensively and put up the points a team without much talent desperately needed. I think when cook hit him the only NHLer with more assists post lockout was Joe Thornton.

He won't play again. I think he took more dings than most people realize the Cup year in the 30 something games he played. Definitely got a concussion from the Little fight in that epic bloodbath game against ATL.

Really? I don't think so..he barely got touched in the Atlanta brawl. Hunwick caught him just right (or wrong). Tough break, Savvy was awesome

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is he almost 100% or has he decided to hang up his skates? I would be sad if he does hang up his skates.

you been here before admit it:laugh:

When I was a mod I remember these exact posts- silly goose stuff

btw- I was not the one who turfed you:)

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
you been here before admit it:laugh:

When I was a mod I remember these exact posts- silly goose stuff

btw- I was not the one who turfed you:)

Err, I just joined this month. Why would a past member wait this long to join back anyway? So you're wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->