When is our Captaincy confirmed? We need a Captain already y'all

When is our Captaincy confirmed? We need a Captain already y'all

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So when's the time? Next month? The next month after that? The Legendary Toronto Maple Leafs do need a captain already and we need to decide who that sucka gon be. He better be tough and rough, cause they gon hit that thang hard after that there. Matthews or Rielly? That is the question beside the fact when's this thang going to go down? Sooner the better. The Maple Leafs should ALWAYS have a Captain cause that really makes the team. The final nail on that thang.

Reactions: Leafling

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
My thought has always been that sometime in late July or Early August, the Leafs and Matthews would announce a new 8 year contract and the presser would have the “C” on his jersey.

But now, I’m not sure anyone in our organization has any motivation to have a captain

Reactions: rubous

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
What happens if they don't name one this summer?
I don't thank a team in Toronto can win a Cup without a Captain. But that's my vision on it. I thank other sucka teams can do that there, some rare ones. Rarely. But a Toronto Maple Leafs treally need a Captain at all times if they play to win. That's my take on the cake like a cherry on top.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Im not sure whats going to happen, I thought this would be the year they gave it to Auston, but now im doubting it..... just a weird feeling....

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I don't thank a team in Toronto can win a Cup without a Captain. But that's my vision on it. I thank other sucka teams can do that there, some rare ones. Rarely. But a Toronto Maple Leafs treally need a Captain at all times if they play to win. That's my take on the cake like a cherry on top.
Why do they need one and other teams don't?

Apr 1, 2010
Jeebus. Anyone got a translation of this shit to English?

Reactions: colchar

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I see Rielly is leading our decision. We are still counting and there's time. But the decision is going to be made. This is what were looking at and are really counting on.

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Matthews wants to take a bigger role, but by accepting the captaincy, he will have to show his ability to stand up to the pressure even more. Not sure if ready.

Reactions: colchar

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Jeebus. Anyone got a translation of this **** to English?

*Ahem*

“It is my opinion that a team in Toronto cannot win a Stanley Cup without a Captain; however, this is simply my personal opinion. Certainly other teams have had success without naming a captain, but I believe those incidences are few and far between. The Toronto Maple Leafs are in need of a captain, if they intend to win a Stanley Cup at any point in the near future. That's my view on the delicious sugary dessert that is Toronto hockey.”

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I just dont see the purpose of having a captain.

They've made an effort to "protect" the younger guys since day one, so I think they're just waiting until they feel like Matthews can handle the added pressure.

Apr 1, 2010
*Ahem*

“It is my opinion that a team in Toronto cannot win a Stanley Cup without a Captain; however, this is simply my personal opinion. Certainly other teams have had success without naming a captain, but I believe those incidences are few and far between. The Toronto Maple Leafs are in need of a captain, if they intend to win a Stanley Cup at any point in the near future. That's my view on the delicious sugary dessert that is Toronto hockey.”
You are my new HERO!

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Matthews wants to take a bigger role, but by accepting the captaincy, he will have to show his ability to stand up to the pressure even more. Not sure if ready.

I'm not sure he wants to move into that role with the way he seems to get along with the media guys.

You can tell he doesn't like those post-game media scrums at all.

Leafs captain has to be able to navigate those well.

Rielly is very good at it and is absolutely captain material. The question is does Matthews want that role because if he does you give it to him, but maybe don't annoint him if he isn't asking for it and talk to him prior to get his blessing on giving it to someone else.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I'm starting to feel like Matthews will wear an A for the year before jumping to the C.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Me myself is thanking Rielly will be the new captain cause he speaks better and weller than matthews. Also Babcock has to visit Matthews in arizona. Rielly is the better choise and matthews doesn't even want the C it seems. He ain't that Sundin type of sucka who did those interview. Yeah, he did that.

Also uh, Matthews tends to be more of that mothers' boy type. Not like everybody is and still lives there. But yeah; Rielly don't.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Why do we need a captain? They have no power over anything. A captain is just another player.
It's stated above. So many others sucka teams don't need. A legendary Toronto Maple Leafs need cause they are the most followed hockey organization in the world. Universe. So it has to have that first face, who gets the attention. Draws the attention so others can perform even better. We done it in the past, I have evidense. Toronto team cannot win without a captain, some rare others teams can who don't get that type of following.

Also uh, in toronto its that interview thang after games, they should go after the CAPTAIN. We trelly needs that there. It's toronto, not columbus or like florida. They don't need that. They far. Y'all already know what I'm talkin bout if y'all is from toronto. It's that hockeys mecca. A captain should always be or y'all is not playing it to the fullest and not trying to be the number one team in the world. Yet.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Matthews had a quiet playoffs because of the injury and what happened? The media jumped on him and Babs, made up stories and actually forced Babs to go to momma Matthews and his kid to talk to them in their own house. Imagine if he was the captain too.

They don't want to ruin the kid by giving him the C and throw him to the wolves (Toronto media). They will wait until the time is perfect, and rightly so.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Matthews had a quiet playoffs because of the injury and what happened? The media jumped on him and Babs, made up stories and actually forced Babs to go to momma Matthews and his kid to talk to them in their own house. Imagine if he was the captain too.

They don't want to ruin the kid by giving him the C and throw him to the wolves (Toronto media). They will wait until the time is perfect, and rightly so.
Many thank it should be rielly as we clearly have evidense of it. It's cool and fun too, and right fit for us. That D-Boy is doing it alright. Yeah, he doin it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad