When is it finally BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
The NHL won't use replacements in the fall...and I don't think they would even consider it unless the lockout dragged on to miss another full season.

That being said, when does NHL hockey finally come back.

Try to put all emotion and optmism (if you have it) aside, and vote for real.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I voted for January 2006. Gotta figure golf season only ends in November for much of North America, and then once Goodenow puts away his clubs he'll need to practice his "I learned how to negotiate from the 1950 Chinese" schtick for a couple months or so.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Crazy_Ike said:
I voted for January 2006. Gotta figure golf season only ends in November for much of North America, and then once Goodenow puts away his clubs he'll need to practice his "I learned how to negotiate from the 1950 Chinese" schtick for a couple months or so.

LA
Anaheim
San Jose
Dallas
Phoenix
St. Louis
Nashville
Tampa
Florida
Atlanta
Carolina

Can play golf almost 12 months out of the year.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Back in the summer of 2004 I really thought we might miss between 1.5 and 2 seasons. But I've reassessed my position. I think we'll have a new CBA in place by the time training camps are scheduled to begin in September and real NHL hockey in October.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I've been saying for years (yes, years) that the NHL will miss 2 full seasons before a deal gets done. I'll stay by that. I say a new deal gets done somehwere between late July and mid-October, 2006.

PerniciousPablo

Feb 3, 2005
Boulder, CO
I voted for october, given that i think that if something doesn't happen in time to start the season in october, the two sides will be too angry to get something done for a long time after that... and i don't think replacement hockey should count as starting the NHL again. let's get the real thing started again.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
I see after January 2006. I just don't see Goodenow throwing in the white towel. The players will eventually hate him though for screwing up their careers and for turning a league where they could have earned a lot of money into a league where they're capped at 25 million per team; the longer the lockout lasts, the smaller the pie.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I think this poll is something nearly akin to trying to predict the next major asteroid impact with the Earth. I mean, in theory, we're overdue and it could happen tomorrow. But it could just as easily hold off another million years. We haven't got the technology yet to spot every possible asteroid that might be heading our way. Similarly, I don't think anybody involved in the negotiations, let alone any of us internet message board peasants, has a real good idea on how or when the lockout will be resolved. We just don't have the data.

So this becomes purely a random gut prediction. Therefore: I say the lockout will be resolved on November 23rd, 2005. (And the planet will be destroyed by an asteroid impact on November 24th, 2005). FWIW. :)

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
Blind Gardien said:
I think this poll is something nearly akin to trying to predict the next major asteroid impact with the Earth. I mean, in theory, we're overdue and it could happen tomorrow. But it could just as easily hold off another million years. We haven't got the technology yet to spot every possible asteroid that might be heading our way. Similarly, I don't think anybody involved in the negotiations, let alone any of us internet message board peasants, has a real good idea on how or when the lockout will be resolved. We just don't have the data.

So this becomes purely a random gut prediction. Therefore: I say the lockout will be resolved on November 23rd, 2005. (And the planet will be destroyed by an asteroid impact on November 24th, 2005). FWIW. :)

It will feel like that for the NHLPA!

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Blind Gardien said:

IMO, the asteroid impact is more likley than the resolvement.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
dunwoody_joe said:
I voted for October simply because I cannot believe that either side is stupid enough to kill off their own profession.

Don't underestimate these two sides. They are both pretty stupid. :banghead:

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
i think they'll be back in october. signs point to it. the owners are backing off replacement players, they want to meet more agressively. there is apparently a framework for the deal. i think it will get done before the start of next season, if they dont this league is doomed forever. plain and simple they have to get it done before october.

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
This will only end when Don Goonedow is bypassed by his own Union members.

He's totally unconcernad about how many Billions of dollars he loses for his employers at the present time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad