When Does the USA Surpass Canada as the #1 Hockey Country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Rush5Collapse5 said:
You already acknowledged the outdated statistics, which would make that site inaccurate with respect to current stats. The bigger indicator is that Bob McKenzie quoting Blair Mackasey says different on live television during the WJC's.

A better question would be "why are you choosing to go with obscure dated website statistics over a mainstream source like TSN"?

Obscure? These come from USA and Hockey Canada's own websites - like they would post incaccurate statistics - give your head a shake! :shakehead

As for them being outdated, they are a year old and like I said, we will see what the 05-06 numbers look like.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
This would be alot easier to solve if Bob Mackenzie would just stick his head in this thread (though I don't blame him for not doing that) and answer this himself.

Me, i'm inclined to believe the websites, and I seriously doubt that the Canadian numbers have dropped that much, or the US numbers risen that much in one year. What probably has happened is that this Blair guy (who was he again? the director of something? anyone have his last name? Or that quote he had for TSN? say, has anyone posted that clip? say, posted it 5 or 6 times in one page? anyone? maybe someone could help me out and post it another 5 times in this thread...) and the websites are using different criteria and thus have different numbers.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
VOB said:
Obscure? These come from USA and Hockey Canada's own websites - like they would post incaccurate statistics - give your head a shake! :shakehead

As for them being outdated, they are a year old and like I said, we will see what the 05-06 numbers look like.

You do that. :loony:

I'll simply go with the credible mainstream source on the issue.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Rush5Collapse5 said:
You do that. :loony:

I'll simply go with the credible mainstream source on the issue.

Of course, because we all know that USA and Hockey Canada websites are on the fringes of credibility and that the media is always 100% correct. :speechles

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
http://www.usahockey.com/servlets/F...CE0440003BA5FE009/200506 NTDP guide FINAL.pdf

Page 5 of 48 states membership of nearly 600,000 ice and inline hockey players, coaches, officials and volunteers. Do parents fall under volunteers?

My Q is: Who does more and which is better for the U-17s etc. Hockey Canada or USA Hockey? The NTDP-National Team Deveopment has players living in Ann Arbour for 9 months and receiving training under their jurisdiction.

Hockey Canada runs selection camps that cast a broad net and then progressively skim off the cream to the U-17's and then the U-18's but don't actively "develope" players other than offer a high level tournament once a year with a few days of coaching preceding the tournament.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad