Speculation: When Does the Season Start?

When Does it Start?

• Total voters

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
So curious as to where people stand on this. The season ended last month, there's still no real aid for COVID and things are spiking again. Indoor stuff is different than outdoor stuff. It makes planning a season with fans a little difficult but not impossible (a lot of colleges are planning 20% capacity for college basketball season) while some states are still flat out saying no fans.

The NBA is still planning to start before Christmas, December 22nd to be exact. I've seen nothing as it pertains to fans or attendance but no bubbles (which is good, bubbles are horrible). As we've seen to varying degrees in MLB and NFL you can do it with no bubble.

All of these factors in mind, when do YOU think the season will begin? And what will it look like?

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Do they even HAVE a road map??

I don't even think they do but I'm not sure. I'd heard from a reliable source they were going for a 42 game season starting around new year with finances spread around the league from those who can bring in fans to those who can't (NY and CA will not be allowing, likely not Canada either) to help alleviate some financial distress but I feel like I've heard things change so much since then.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d guess somewhere around January 20....they don’t want to be too far off from the NBA but I don’t see them starting up training camps until after Christmas....

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I thought January but with case numbers on the rise in both Canada and the US I’ll go for February

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad