When does McLellan get fired?

When?

• Total voters

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think that should be curtains for TMac.

I like the guy, but you've pissed away 1/2 the season. The team's now healthy, and you still can't get them to respond.

If he had been willing to try new things, change thing up, ect; I would have been okay with giving some more rope, but it's the same stubborn tactics and strategies over and over. The PP hasn't changed a bit since the start of the TC, nor has the PK, despite it becoming a joke of historical proportions.

These are the hills he's choosen to die on, so be it.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm not a fan of the revolving door coaches but where do you go after playing the blow your gasket card to the media? There's obviously a significant issue for the PK at home to be so historically dismal and to continuously see a lack of jump in a number of guys out there when they're doing it. If it means better results, I'm all for it but I don't believe his results in Edmonton have been bad as a whole.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Voted before January 31 because that's what I want but I think he'll get the rest of the season, unfortunately.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I want Chia gone first but honestly it doesn't matter. This roster doesn't scare anyone and there's really no better options out there.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I guess we should fire them so we can hire our own version of Botteril/Housley or Chayka/Tocchet. I'd like to think we would be revitalized like LA, St. Louis, and the Islanders under new coaching, but we're more likely to be like Arizona, Buffalo, and Florida.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Still have us around 20th in the league or so. Put after the season ends but before July 1st. If the team continues to shit the bed, then sooner, maybe.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
If we lose 4-5 of the next 6, I'd argure he's gone by Jan 31 or the all star break.

MacT will be interim and Sutter hired in the summer.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I think he gets this season, that's it. If this pathetic show continues, he's gone at some point in the next season. At this point I just hope Chia is not doing any stupid moves to make a push for playoffs.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Todd shouldn't get fired. This season is on Chia, he made it dramatically worse over the off season. Woodcroft can go also. My main beef with coaching is the special teams which Woodcroft controls.

Dramatically worse? That's a dramatic overstatement IMO. Eberle to Strome isn't the reason why they are failing this season. All that wasted cap space is probably his biggest failure assuming that Benning could take on Sekera's role.

Anyway, I'd be shocked if Mclellan gets fired this season. If they start out slow again next season then I think the seat gets real hot.
Also, Woodcroft and Mclellan is a package deal. If one goes, so does the other. Why does Woodcroft get blame but not Mclellan, who hired Woodcroft?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Who even replaces him? I can't think of any decent names off the top of my head other than Nelson and Krueger. :laugh:

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I can't even think of a head coach who'd be a good fit that could replace Todd and his crew.

If we fire midseason, it better be an interim hire unless someone like a Julien magically becomes free.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Dramatically worse? That's a dramatic overstatement IMO. Eberle to Strome isn't the reason why they are failing this season. All that wasted cap space is probably his biggest failure assuming that Benning could take on Sekera's role.

Anyway, I'd be shocked if Mclellan gets fired this season. If they start out slow again next season then I think the seat gets real hot.
Also, Woodcroft and Mclellan is a package deal. If one goes, so does the other. Why does Woodcroft get blame but not Mclellan, who hired Woodcroft?

Chia let Hendricks, one of our main PK'ers walk. He bought out Pouliot another very good PK'er. He also traded one of our best goalscorers for junk. He knew Sekera would be out half the season and his big move was to sign Russell to a horrible deal. He's been Mike Milbury bad, like I can't remember the last time Ive seen a GM so bad at his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad