When Do you get your Best Workouts?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Right after work is my preferred time. Workout right after work is over.

I can't do early morning workouts. I am not a morning person, and even dragging myself to the shower and out the door can be a painful process in the morning.

If I go after work at 6 PM, my mind feels fresher than it does at 7 AM. Again, I am not a morning person and tend to peak in energy later in the day.

The key is working out immediately after work, without going home. This involves having a quick snack and bringing a change of clothes to work with me.

Because once I get home and get out of my work clothes, I never feel like going back out.

Plus, working out at 6 or 7 gives me some time to wind down for 3-4 hours at home afterwards before I go to bed, so the adrenaline during the workout doesn't impact my sleep.

Reactions: Rob and LarKing

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Early morning fasted for me. Always have a huge amount of energy and workouts are always productive. Plus, it's nice to get off work and have it out of the way and just enjoy the night.

Unfortunately, I work out at my old college and they are now on summer hours. So it's afternoon workouts now.
Fasted workouts are the best. I'm a shift worker so whenever I wake up I do it and feel great. Tried doing after eating a few times felt lethargic. Fasting is the best might add! Going 18 months now love it.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I usually start around 6:30 AM. I usually feel too tired after work but if for some reason I don't get enough sleep I'll do it after work. I try to make sure not to sacrifice sleep for working out.

Plus I feel stuff always comes up after work. No one bothers me 6 AM in the morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad