When Do you get your Best Workouts?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I'm fine working out anytime of the day before 6pm. My body doesn't seem to have a preference, but I do like following a pretty strict schedule with whatever time(s) I choose. Trying to start a workout after 6 though just doesn't seem to work well.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm fine working out anytime of the day before 6pm. My body doesn't seem to have a preference, but I do like following a pretty strict schedule with whatever time(s) I choose. Trying to start a workout after 6 though just doesn't seem to work well.

Yeah same. More sleep the better obv

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've read so much about this. Typically I love the 2:00-4:00pm afternoon window, but I work an office job, so that's not something I can do. I tried working out before work, and it just isn't for me. I love late night workouts. Like 9:00-10:30pmish.

Doesn't affect my sleep at all, either.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
12-3 is my best window (but also depending on when I wake up). I have good results after work if I do a good warm-up because I am usually spent after a day of work.

... which you can tell by how ****ing grammatically stupid the sentence above is.

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
Early morning fasted for me. Always have a huge amount of energy and workouts are always productive. Plus, it's nice to get off work and have it out of the way and just enjoy the night.

Unfortunately, I work out at my old college and they are now on summer hours. So it's afternoon workouts now.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Work the evening shift at my job. Get off work at 10:30pm and head right to the gym. Working out that time of day I usually get any piece of equipment I want.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I give credit to those who go after work. When I sit in the office all day, I am in no mental state to go right to the gym. I need to go home, go to the bathroom, grab a pre-workout snack, and sort of just rest my mind for 10-15 minutes before I can get going again.

The frame of mind right after work would explode if I had to go to a busy gym. Maybe if I had a peaceful gym to go to, it'd be different. But sometimes after work I just lay down on the floor and stare off for a good 5-10 minutes to collect and regain focus.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
My options are either first thing in the morning when I wake up or evening once the kids are in bed. I prefer getting it out of the way in the morning and have my evenings to do whatever.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I get my best workouts when I get at least 8 or 8.5 hours of sleep the night before. I have issues with dragging myself to bed early enough to do that though. However, I also hate waking up late in the morning cause it kills the day. Ugh.

I like to avoid the busy times at the gym because it gets far too crowded. I usually prefer starting my workout between 11:30-1:30 mid day, but I've also recently grown to enjoy the gym at around 7-7:30pm when the rush begins to die down. Top that off with a brief pool sesh after since it's quiet at that time before closing.

MikeBoyarchuk

Mar 3, 2016
Montreal
For me it's lunch time... not an option on your poll though!! Great way to break up the day and start the afternoon fresh and ready to go!

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
For me it's lunch time... not an option on your poll though!! Great way to break up the day and start the afternoon fresh and ready to go!

Ditto. I'm surprised it's not an option here too considering I go to Gold's, and it's packed with people doing the same thing I do. I love working out at lunch though. It keeps me from eating fast food (huge weakness of mine), makes the afternoon go a lot eat easier too. Plus feeling the pump at work afterwards helps my confidence, which does well for me when I have presentations to give.

The biggest detriment to working out at lunch is time though. Sucks only working out for 30 minutes.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
I give credit to those who go after work. When I sit in the office all day, I am in no mental state to go right to the gym. I need to go home, go to the bathroom, grab a pre-workout snack, and sort of just rest my mind for 10-15 minutes before I can get going again.

The frame of mind right after work would explode if I had to go to a busy gym. Maybe if I had a peaceful gym to go to, it'd be different. But sometimes after work I just lay down on the floor and stare off for a good 5-10 minutes to collect and regain focus.
i work in an office all day as well. My gym is on the way to my house so i do it because it's more convenient. My brain is shot after work and it is hard some days for sure.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
For me it's a few hours after work. I normally come home, relax for a bit, eat, then workout. I can't do it in the early morning because I never feel like I have much energy in the morning. And I don't do it before work period because I feel like I don't have as much mental focus knowing I have to go to work after, it just kills the high for me.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I used to be a morning person in college.

Nowadays, I'm too beat in the AM to go and lift effectively.

So, now I get my best workouts right after work (5:30-7pm)

If I go home for a few hours, it's tough to gain motivation once I undress and sit on the couch.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I've never been able to get good workouts in within an hour of waking up. Always feel weak or sick during it.

Prefer right after work 6-8pm or 12-2pm on the weekends.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Im smashed after working all day on my feet on poured concrete. If I don't get my workout done in the morning I have the worst workouts ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->