When do you consider quarantine over?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
the media realises the fear is gone... so time to re-inject a little more into us..... you know, those clicks and page hits are dying off now....

check out the news headlines lol:

"Concerns that Ontario and Quebec re-opened too soon"
"Ontario covid cases headed in the wrong direction"
"will 2nd wave of coronavirus be worse than the first?"

LOL i love it!!!

keep it coming media.. great entertainment!!

keep that fear coming!

You had many of us the first time round in the first few weeks but you'e gonna have to work a miracle to pull it off a second time

as the old saying goes: fool me once shame on you... but fool me twice then shame on me

anyways. i just realised i'm typing with my bare fingers. better go get on my gloves

The media didn't fool anyone. I know 3 people who died of the virus and a 25 year old friend who is healthier then most on here that didn't leave his couch for 12 days and said it was the worst sickness he's ever had, he could barely breath. And another friend who had a 100+ fever for 14 days.

Reactions: Szechwan

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
the media realises the fear is gone... so time to re-inject a little more into us..... you know, those clicks and page hits are dying off now....

check out the news headlines lol:

"Concerns that Ontario and Quebec re-opened too soon"
"Ontario covid cases headed in the wrong direction"
"will 2nd wave of coronavirus be worse than the first?"

LOL i love it!!!

keep it coming media.. great entertainment!!

keep that fear coming!

You had many of us the first time round in the first few weeks but you'e gonna have to work a miracle to pull it off a second time

as the old saying goes: fool me once shame on you... but fool me twice then shame on me

anyways. i just realised i'm typing with my bare fingers. better go get on my gloves

If the numbers are going up though AND best evidence based practice says you should take action when that happens.... how is it fear mongering to highlight it?

When the vaccine comes out... will you get one?

If it’s mandated, will you refuse?

Reactions: Szechwan

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
There has never been a successful vaccine ever created for a respiratory virus. I wish this was the end game, but I believe it will end up being herd immunity or a mutation of the virus to a weaker form.

Herd immunity requires vaccination.

If you want to try for it naturally, think on your first point about respiratory viruses.... have we ever achieved herd immunity for the cold or flu?

Mutation in a virus that is allowed to find hosts at random is a dangerous thing.

Reactions: EichHart

Fordy

May 28, 2008
The media didn't fool anyone. I know 3 people who died of the virus and a 25 year old friend who is healthier then most on here that didn't leave his couch for 12 days and said it was the worst sickness he's ever had, he could barely breath. And another friend who had a 100+ fever for 14 days.
because you live in new york

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Herd immunity requires vaccination.

If you want to try for it naturally, think on your first point about respiratory viruses.... have we ever achieved herd immunity for the cold or flu?

Mutation in a virus that is allowed to find hosts at random is a dangerous thing.
mutations almost always are unhelpful. and by and large, considering the cold or the flu are not serious concerns for 99% of people? yeah, i'd call that herd immunity and a goal here

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I live in Buffalo, not downstate. New York City is 7 hours from here. The virus hit everywhere. Entire countries closed, it's not a media circus or conspiracy, its real.
i'm aware - that doesn't mean that outside of the immediate new york area things aren't drastically different

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
mutations almost always are unhelpful. and by and large, considering the cold or the flu are not serious concerns for 99% of people? yeah, i'd call that herd immunity and a goal here

You’d be wrong to call it a call with this one.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

and here i was looking around for anyone that knew someone with this thing. but here you are (unfortunately) with no less than 5 direct contacts with it.

condolences to your friends.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
There has never been a successful vaccine ever created for a respiratory virus. I wish this was the end game, but I believe it will end up being herd immunity or a mutation of the virus to a weaker form.

then we'll have to take yearly vaccines

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Doesn't matter, in December and January there's going to be a boom of coronababies while the second wave patients are also crowding the hospitals, death and despair juxtaposed to the hope of new life.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
When malls open wide, it's over.
When I can go to the Sens game and heckle Brady Tkachuk's grit whilst madly cheering Hotsam Batcho's soft hands and skill, it's over.
When I no longer have to social distance, it's over.
When sporting events have crowds of drunken louts, some of which will be aggressive to the point of fisticuffs, it's over.
When I can park it in my fave restaurant with my family, sacred corner table, and drop a hunge and plus close to equivalent tip, it's over.
When the family can BBQ, invite the neighbours and our family from New Brunswick to talk Habs/Nordiques/Leafs/Sens, it's over.
When there is a federal election call from Ottawa, you know it's really over...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Nice anecdotes, but the "science and data" proves most healthy individuals under the age of 30 are either asymptomatic, or experience minor symptoms.

I Hate Blake Coleman

F*** the oilers
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
When there is a vaccine. Saskatchewan isn't as bad as other places in Canada since there is a lot of wide open space here but in the cities, people still don't seem to get the need to keep distance. Older people too.

Like I might be fine if I catch it in this Co-op convenience store, but you might not see June if you do so back tf up.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Doesn't matter, in December and January there's going to be a boom of coronababies while the second wave patients are also crowding the hospitals, death and despair juxtaposed to the hope of new life.
Another dooms day prediction with no basis in fact. The only area of North America where hospital capacity became a concern was the metropolitan area of New York City.

Reactions: The Old Master

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
and here i was looking around for anyone that knew someone with this thing. but here you are (unfortunately) with no less than 5 direct contacts with it.

condolences to your friends.

Given how poor testing availability was in March/April its hard to say who had it and didnt have it. I know several people who would have been good candidates, but never got tested as they werent in what the state deems the highest risk group.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
It wasn't a doomsday prediction. It as a shit post on an internet forum.
I just wanted to say coronababies.

coronababies!

CalculatingElderlyAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Quarantine is over now, except for select few cities. Social distancing and wearing a mask is not quarantine, its safety precautions and common decency during these times. However, I expect there to be another wave of mass infections and thus another quarantine in the future though.

The pandemic will be a thing until a vaccine or immunity break through.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
There hasn’t been any serious quarantine in Sweden, which is nice. I feel sorry for all of you who have spent all your time inside for months, at least if you’re living alone.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I work in NYC and live on Long Island. It's going to be the parts of the country and NA that are not affected right now that are going to f*** us in the Fall for round 2.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Another dooms day prediction with no basis in fact. The only area of North America where hospital capacity became a concern was the metropolitan area of New York City.

I dunno. I'm gonna speak for my hood, Quebec. Here, instead of crowding the hospitals, government sent doctors and nurses into nursing homes where most of infected people are.

So you know, one could look at a newspaper front page titling : ''ER's not crowded/Hospitals not overhelmed'' and cry victory.

On the other hand, you could take two or three steps back and see that depite Quebec (in my case) never lacking respirators, ICU beds, protective equipment (they were short but never went without) and even personnel, still more than 4000 people died.

Call me a pessimist but I don't wanna relive a scenario where everything that happened still happens but on top we see hospitals overcrowded.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
Number of covid deaths in Canada: 6760
First covid death in Canada was March 10 - 79 days ago.

That's 85 deaths per day.

Number of deaths in Canada last year: 287,000 which equals 786 deaths per day.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
Also who in their right mind would take a covid vaccine. Why even consider it be mandatory? What goods a vaccine if everyone has to take it?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->