When do we call up Timmy?

Timmy up

• Total voters

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
After seeing Dubas' reaction last night I'd find it hard to believe we wont call Timmy up. They wanted to give him a shot in January but he got hurt. With rosen and borgman on the mend still I feel the time is now. Send down Marincin. Babcock said hes waiting for a bottom pair guy to take a spot, none have. Marty wont get claimed, and if he does oh well. I'd like to see Sandin too, but think it's better we let him play top minutes in the AHL and continue a great rookie campaign.

So I guess I'm curious if anyone feels the same. And do we make that call tomorrow before the Nashville game?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Let's not call him up to this current **** show. His confidence could be shattered if he can't save our D situation all by himself. JMHO.

Its not about saving our D. It's about giving a high potential guy a chance. They really highly view his talent or he would've been gone before the deadline. Plus as said Dubas mentioned they wanted him up before, but he got hurt. It's not hard..call him up get him in there, for a game see how he does, if he does well, keep him in. Its about stabilizing our D not saving it. When you have 2 top 4 guys out, 1 making good progress, the other not close, and the guys you've had in do nothing with their chances, then you try something. This is especially true now, right before the playoffs. You cant go in unsure of who's playing.

We do know Mike is dying to get Rosen in. Apparently been talking to him a lot, checking in on his recovery, so you can bet hes getting the call BUT what I haven't heard is when hes expected back. I just read last week his foot was too swollen to get into a skate. They have to try something different, clearly the guys who've been given a shot arent panning out right now.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Its not about saving our D. It's about giving a high potential guy a chance. They really highly view his talent or he would've been gone before the deadline. Plus as said Dubas mentioned they wanted him up before, but he got hurt. It's not hard..call him up get him in there, for a game see how he does, if he does well, keep him in. Its about stabilizing our D not saving it. When you have 2 top 4 guys out, 1 making good progress, the other not close, and the guys you've had in do nothing with their chances, then you try something. This is especially true now, right before the playoffs. You cant go in unsure of who's playing.

We do know Mike is dying to get Rosen in. Apparently been talking to him a lot, checking in on his recovery, so you can bet hes getting the call BUT what I haven't heard is when hes expected back. I just read last week his foot was too swollen to get into a skate. They have to try something different, clearly the guys who've been given a shot arent panning out right now.
That chance is better done early next season, at the earliest, IMHO.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
We took our time with Kapanen, Johnsson, Nylander, Dermott, etc. Seems to have worked out well when we've let them develop more.

Reactions: New Liskeard

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Playoff games count towards the 9 game slide limit too so probably waiting to see if Gardiner or Dermott will be back by then. If not call up Sandin and Liljegren for the Boston series and make them your bottom pair to start things off.

lots of offensive zone starts and sheltered minutes until they show what they can do.

If those two come back then let them play out the year with the Marlies.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
What’s the point?

We’ve already clinched 3rd place, might as well keep playing the same losers till Gardiner and Dermott come back.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I was never a Carrick lover, but when they chose Holl and Marincin over him, I knew it was mistake. Carrick was a legit 7, could come in with an injury. These two, neither is NHL calibre...now we're reduced to arguing we need to bring in a kid who isn't ripe enough.

Reactions: Jeypic and rumman

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
What’s the point?

We’ve already clinched 3rd place, might as well keep playing the same losers till Gardiner and Dermott come back.

Um no we have not. Magic number is 5 or a combo that adds to 5 games. So say 3 wins 2 MTL losses.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Totally agree. Not the time, situation or position to have him called up now. This defence and system is a mess.

Jesus guys. So you're ok with having the current group of 3 that cant take a job? I'm not saying call him up keep him up. I'm saying give him a look, while Rosen heals, because it's a guarantee he gets called up when hes better.

Reactions: Leafidelity

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
If there is any reason not to call Tim up, it's because Sandin and he are playing almost 30min a night with the Marlies so they cant or wont do it or it affects there farm. But I ask you, wolf you rather see the farm do well? Or the big boys?

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Yes, obviously Gardiner and Dermott are very impactful defensemen and losing them hurts.

The defense is also extremely slow without them. Rielly is the only d-man left who can skate with pace. Everyone else, as useful as they might (or might not) be, is slow. And that makes it really easy for teams to gain the line and get to scoring areas.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
D5F7F5A9-04A9-4D47-A80C-CCB1DCBF0EB8.jpeg

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yup, when I saw that is when I felt..you know what call Tim up, let him get in, even for a game. They can always return him, no waivers.
I woundn't bring him up. I think Kyle was having a Sparks lament ;)

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
As is the norm on HF polls, the correct answer is not an option.

Liljigren will not be called up because our D sucked last night. He will not be called up because our D has sucked for a handfull of games now. He will be called up when he's ready. No sooner.

Regardless of how fans feel.

Reactions: freshwind

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Dubas will want to keep him and Sandin away from this mess unless something unthinkable happens in the post-season. There's no sense ruining confidence as Babcock scratches players or gives them 10 minutes a night. The earliest they're up is next season.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Give him a couple of games, some bonus money and reward him, knows what to expect for his summer training to be his best for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->