When did you know this Avs team was good?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Everyone forgets the Varly situation (which is good to forget, not complaining) but thinking how they pulled together during that ordeal makes it even more amazing. It's like every time they went on a run was after something would have been an easy excuse to go the other way.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The January wins for me.

I spent three months completely out of contact with the world on a study abroad trip from September through late December. During a transition period the first week of December someone got a paper dated to October 26th when the Avs were 9-1. I couldn't believe it. Before the trip I had managed to get to the very first preseason game where they lost to the Ducks so my last impressions before I left were not very good.

I knew this team was going to be different with Patty but I could never have predicted what I saw when I got back to the real world.

Watching them win, win and win some more in January quickly solidified them in my mind. It still feels like a bit of a dream though.

You didn't have internet access for months!?

Where you in a monastry, a cave or Antartica? :laugh:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Seeing all the different things listed made me realize this team was gonna be good and a playoff team this year, but the St. Louis win made me realize how truly special this team is and how good they are. Coming into St. Louis without Duchene, PAP, McLeod and Tanguay and completely dismantling them and causing them to have fits was just our first indicator of how difficult this team is going to be to beat in the next coming years and we can still improve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad