When did you first become fans of wrestlers who turned heel?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
When I was a kid and I would watch the WWE I was always a fan of the wrestlers who were the faces or as I would call them the good guys. Now my favorite wrestler growing up was Bret Hart. However in 1997 after he turned heel and formed the Hart Foundation I was still a fan of is, even though in the United States he was considered a heel and in Canada he was still considered to be a face. So when was the first time you became fans of heel wrestlers?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When i was 6 i was a big fan of Vader. He was always a heel, though.

Austin for sure, even though he was misused a bit in that time.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Cool thread!!

There was a bunch of wrestlers that when I first started watching I liked as the bad guys. I liked the Warrior and Hulk to face them and win. Rick Rude was easily my favorite Warrior opponent in my first years watching.

Not until I saw an Andy Kaufman biography when I was in like 3rd or 4th grade did I start to realize how much I revered the bad guys and why. Not much later the Ringmaster became Stone Cold Steve Austin and changed the game for the rest of the class LOL

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe heel Shawn Michaels, intercontinental era. I just liked Michaels whether he was heel or face, and that soon after applied to all of my favourites. I always liked Mr. perfect as well, but I may not have recognized that he was supposed to be a heel. If you say that you are perfect and proceed to do everything perfectly, it's just telling the truth.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The minute I saw The Undertaker. Even though he was a heel I immediately liked him. It didn't matter if he was a heel or face from there on.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Yeah, when Bret turned heel in '97 that was the first time I really supported a heel character. Of course, I was like 21 when that happened.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Depends. I always thought the Hart Foundation and Demolition were cool as hell in the 80s. I was 6-7 in 88-89 in their heyday. Mostly I liked the faces, but I did like some heels.

As far as face TO heel turns where they began as a face and I remained a fan, I'd have to think who was my first. It would probably be late 80s/early 90s somewhere. All I can think of were heels first (the above, Piper, etc).

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
From the very start, not sure what that says about me tbh. :laugh:

I would get mad when face Austin would win. I was cheering for HBK at 14 and Rock at 15. Took me a little bit to truly appreciate brilliant face work like Austin’s, think I was just trying to be an edgy kid.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Hmmm I didn't start watching wrestling until 2000 when we finally got satellite. I would say that the first heel the I said that I was a fan of even if he was a heel was Lance Storm. I remember watching a year clip show from WCW and seeing Storm's Triple title reign and said "yup I like this guy."

The next real heel that I would say I became a fan of was JBL.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Depends. I always thought the Hart Foundation and Demolition were cool as hell in the 80s. I was 6-7 in 88-89 in their heyday. Mostly I liked the faces, but I did like some heels.

As far as face TO heel turns where they began as a face and I remained a fan, I'd have to think who was my first. It would probably be late 80s/early 90s somewhere. All I can think of were heels first (the above, Piper, etc).

I can't believe I forgot about my favorite all time tag team in Demolition.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
wrestling in mexico is weird so you either chose heels or faces. always liked the bad guys, so rudos it is.
Cien Caras breaking the guitar on Rayo de jalisco's head, before a match will always be my first; "this is awesome"

i started watching wwf around the Jake Roberts vs Macho Mans feud.... same reaction. this was too intense and cool as a kid. loved the heels always.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
From the very start, not sure what that says about me tbh. :laugh:

I would get mad when face Austin would win. I was cheering for HBK at 14 and Rock at 15. Took me a little bit to truly appreciate brilliant face work like Austin’s, think I was just trying to be an edgy kid.

I was on Austin’s side at 14, but was iffy at 15. By 18 I was totally against him as I was really bored of him.

Reactions: BonMorrison

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I was 100% fan of babyfaces during my initial run (86-92). During my 2nd run (96-99) while being a rebellious teen, I was naturally drawn to heels: The Rock (N.o.D. version), Rob Van Dam & Sabu, NWO, Goldust, etc.

Despite several wrestlers I liked as faces that went heel (Demolition, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels), I stayed true to the good guys. Probably the closest I came to liking a heel back then was Mr. Perfect, but he'd always find a way for me to (ultimately) hate him.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Was always a fan of HHH. Especially his 1st title run/beginning of the Game gimmick.

He was hilarious in promos, but also was a ruthless, no mercy, ass kicking heel. It's too bad the character got bogged down by the McMahon-Helmsley Era storyline.

But the original cerebral assassin was great stuff.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
When I was around 8 and my dad took me to a WWF event think it was a house show. I remember the crowd yelling Hercules sucks and I was getting all mad because the guy was wielding a badass chain and I kept screaming Hercules doesn’t suck!!!!

All my fave wrestlers were heels mainly Rick Rude.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It's a bit blurred to me because I was an nWo mark as a kid, and they were meant to be the "bad" guys, but at the same time they were mega popular and the "cool" guys as well. So it's kind of weird labelling them as heels to me because although they were bad, half the audience loved them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad