When did you first become a Leafs fan?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Unfortunately my only memory of Palmateer was the kick ass save he made at the Leafs/redwings alumni game a couple of years ago. Buy what a save it was lol.

That save was 100 percent classic Palmateer! I know he had to leave right after making that save, I hope he didn't break anything...lol.

dougieg93

Pray for Parayko
Jun 17, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I went to Game 4 of the 93' playoffs against Detroit and never looked back since. Amazing seats behind the bench - and i remember being face to face with Wendel just before the anthems (you had to go through the leaf bench to get to those seats at the gardens. What a thrill.

Last edited:
Reactions: srnd9399

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
That save was 100 percent classic Palmateer! I know he had to leave right after making that save, I hope he didn't break anything...lol.
I was actually watching the video of it yesterday and apparently the plan was to only play a few minutes anyway. Said he wrenched his back though and couldn't straighten out. He said he's really in now shape to play anymore but had to do it to come out with the boys and play once more.

armi5718

May 9, 2009
Became a Leafs fan when my wife's cousin made the team a few years ago.

Grew up a Caps fan but, Leafs are pretty much my primary team now.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
1968, when I was 7. My dad told about this Leafs team that just won the cup the previous year. That was good enough for me, I mean if your gonna jump on a bandwagon, might as well pick the best one....little did I know...
My dad was a Rangers fan and was born and raised in a Newfoundland outport. Go figure??

Derekhanna89

Jul 1, 2018
Since i'm old enough to remember. As a very young kid, i used to do instant replays in my living room of every cool play. One of my earliest memories in life.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
On my first contact with the NHL (beside NHLers playing for Canada at the World Championships), when I had to choose a team for EA Sports NHL 94.

srnd9399

Apr 10, 2018
NB, Canada
I went to Game 4 of the 93' playoffs against Detroit and never looked back since. Amazing seats behind the bench - and i remember being face to face with Wendel just before the anthems (you had to go through the leaf bench to get to those seats at the gardens. What a thrill.
That would be amazing. I've only been to two Leaf games. One back in '94 in Quebec, back when the Nordiques still had a team lol. I'm from NB so it was only a 5 hour drive. The last one was last November my wife and I went up to Toronto and stayed a couple nights. First ever experience at the ACC (now the SBC) and atmosphere was electric. The Leafs won in OT against the Bruins. Never forget this experience

Reactions: dougieg93

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
'67 ,I was 8 and watching playoffs with some uncles,yup....actually saw them win! Been sufferin' like snakes in Ireland ever since... The uncles liked Shack, Baun,Horton. ..I liked Bower and Sawchuck,but Keon became my favorite!

GLG12xx12

Go Leafs Go!!!!
Dec 5, 2010
Boone, IA
Well, being from middle of no where Iowa I didn't have any local teams near me to become a fan of. I got into hockey from being taken to the Omaha Lancers games (USHL). Then got NHL 98 for N64 and always played as the Leafs for some reason. I did go through spurts where I really liked the Red Wings, Avs, Flames, Mighty Ducks (90s kid so no brainer) but always came back to playing with the Leafs. I finally settled down with the Leafs when I was about 10 and the love of the Leafs has grown ever since then

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
When I was 6 (1999) is the first time I remember watching hockey night in Canada with my Dad. Mats Sundin was my favourite player. I was born a leafs fan and I will die a leafs fan. :)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The first memories that stick come in around the years 2000, 2001, anything before that I was just too young.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
My parents were Edmonton fans and my favorite player was CuJo so I followed him to the Leafs in 98 and never looked back.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Born into it, though my earliest memory of the Leafs is the series against the Kings in 93. My father had a love of the Leafs and huge respect for the Habs because of their history, something he passed on to me. In my childhood home, we had autographed pictures of Bower, Mahovlich, Sittler, Lafleur and Beliveau in our halls, as well as a wood carving of Patrick Roy that a family friend gave to me when I was 9. Got my first authentic Leafs jersey when I was 12, and my collection has since expanded to around 30 that I plan to frame and hang one day.

My father and I don't talk hockey much anymore as it always devolves to bickering. He's a big fan of Don Cherry and all that he values, while I'm... Not.

srnd9399

Apr 10, 2018
NB, Canada
Born into it, though my earliest memory of the Leafs is the series against the Kings in 93. My father had a love of the Leafs and huge respect for the Habs because of their history, something he passed on to me. In my childhood home, we had autographed pictures of Bower, Mahovlich, Sittler, Lafleur and Beliveau in our halls, as well as a wood carving of Patrick Roy that a family friend gave to me when I was 9. Got my first authentic Leafs jersey when I was 12, and my collection has since expanded to around 30 that I plan to frame and hang one day.

My father and I don't talk hockey much anymore as it always devolves to bickering. He's a big fan of Don Cherry and all that he values, while I'm... Not.
Wait..this can't be possible :laugh:
All jokes aside, I don't hate the Habs either, but I will never cheer for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad