When did the Tragically Hip peak?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
They peaked right in the middle of a music video. And you just knew right when that box went in the ground, containing that recipe for killer songs, that they condemned the rest of their career to mere legendary status.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
They peaked right in the middle of a music video. And you just knew right when that box went in the ground, containing that recipe for killer songs, that they condemned the rest of their career to mere legendary status.

Nice. I think they held their peak for the rest of that album then started a slow regression with the occasional close to peak song after that (Gift Shop, Ahead by a Century)

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Nice. I think they held their peak for the rest of that album then started a slow regression with the occasional close to peak song after that (Gift Shop, Ahead by a Century)

I think that Nautical Disaster was such a crescendo of emotion, hidden below understated lyrics, that everything after would really seem anticlimactic. Fantastic album, but that song hits so hard every time.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I think that Nautical Disaster was such a crescendo of emotion, hidden below understated lyrics, that everything after would really seem anticlimactic. Fantastic album, but that song hits so hard every time.

Funny enough, not a big fan of Nautical although I tend to be biased against songs that have the most commercial appeal. For me, any thoughts that they were coming down from their peak after Nautical would be quickly erased at the 3.01 minute mark of Thugs:

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
Fully completely, day for night and trouble at the henhouse for me I can't decide which one was best all 3 are amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad