When did one of your favourite players do all that was necessary to win?

delled

Oct 3, 2009
1:

Ovechkin when he scored that goal against the Canadiens, bouncing the puck off the boards, spinning, gaining possession and then scoring on the ground.

It still makes me question, imagine a million players in his exact situation approaching the defenceman...who's gdammened instinct is it to do what he did?!?!?!

2: Forsberg on that play, I'm not sure if it was hatrick related but he kepts beasting in the offensive zone, rebounds against rebounds till he finally stuffed it in, and he was pissed that it didn't go in earlier :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Was watching the Dallas vs Edmonton game the other day and Benn and Seguin just plain refused to lose to Edmonton and literally 2 manned the team from a 3 goal deficit to a 5-5 game.
Even as a neutral fan it was pretty awesome to watch. Petry looked like he was in tears after Benn ran him into the boards, stole the puck and seguin scored.

delled

Oct 3, 2009
Was watching the Dallas vs Edmonton game the other day and Benn and Seguin just plain refused to lose to Edmonton and literally 2 manned the team from a 3 goal deficit to a 5-5 game.
Even as a neutral fan it was pretty awesome to watch. Petry looked like he was in tears after Benn ran him into the boards, stole the puck and seguin scored.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, an absolute nasty primal alpha instinct to win. I would love seeing the top 100 events in hockey voted by fans which met the criteria of this idea.

delled

Oct 3, 2009
Sakic had the exact mentality I'm trying to convey, all the sh**ty years he played on Quebec -- he always played with pride even when the team wasn't expected to win, you saw it in his every step. I'm talking when the Nordiques were out of reach of tying a lopsided game, Sakic worked his butt off, even though the season was over. How many players would care after playing on today's Oilers? Well Sakic did that, which is why his won Cups are so much sweeter. What I'm saying is, you may recall a simple event relative to hockey's world, but to you, means the world, and means more than that Bobby Orr goal, even if it didn't deserve many accolades. It could be Backstroms 3 consecutive shot blocks in a shift, and I wouldn't disparage you because you chose that play over the Orr goal.

The event/move transcends skill. them move is damn survival, by any means necessary. The player willed the play/goal.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
[NHL]105682&catid=49[/NHL]

That video doesn't even do it justice. It was one of the most painful/incredible/inspiring things I've ever watched in hockey. According to, I believe, Wayne Gretzky, Yzerman's knee was so bad in the Olympics that a trainer told Gretzky he wouldn't want Yzerman playing if it were game 7 of the SCF. A couple of months later and he led the Wings in playoff scoring while needing crutches every time he got off the ice. It made the entire team man-up.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia

The way he tries to stand on his broken leg. Just wow. Stamkos is a class act and absolutely my favorite player

FoppaForsberg*

So what you're asking is who has scored nice goals? There's plenty of those.
But to answer the question, they're not my favourite players but a few years ago that Gregory Campbell shift with a broken leg or something and he blocked a ton of shots in one shift in the Cup finals. Also when Bergeron played with a broken rib and multiple other injuries.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
2 May 2012. Round 2, Game 3, Rangers @ Capitals. Ryan McDonagh in a triple overtime game with the team basically down to 5 D (Bickell got perma-benched) plays 53 minutes and 17 seconds, leads the team with 8 blocks, and holds Ovechkin to zero points.

MadFerIt95*

When the dude did the thing to like score a goal in like overtime which like won his team the game which was like totally awesome, like yo

Halpysback*

when the caps came back from down 4-0 to the rangers 6 years ago

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kopitar, who never fought before, dropping the gloves against Burrows in 2012.

He also led the playoffs in scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->