When did Malkin establish himself as the 3rd best player of his generation?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Of course the list is "stupid" to anybody who doesn't agree with it.

But, it's the only list that matters.

There's players on that list I don't agree with, but they were voted onto it and I'm not complaining about it. The NHL hand picked every player and as a fan of hockey, it cannot be debated.

Think about it. It's better then the hall of fame. It's the Pinnacle of the sport.

Malkin isn't on it. He doesn't belong on it. If he did, he would have been on it.

Seriously, out of all the players who have played in the NHL, Toews is one of the greatest 100 who ever laced up the skates. I agree.

And there's really nothing anybody can say that can change it. Nope. Not gonna happen. Tough break.

But, I'm positive there will be another top 100 list in 100 years. Sure, it's not the real top 100 list as the one three Hawks players from the cap era rightly belong on, but, it's better then nothing. It's like second place.

So you’d take some random poll over Malkin having better career numbers and matching everything that Toews has ever done?

Sounds like sound and reasonable judgement on your part.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It’s almost laughable looking at the numbers season for season comparing Toews to Malkin.

It’s actually a slap in the face to Malkin to compare him to Toews.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, because I gave my opinion, and was suddenly bombarded with "but toes ain't better" jibberish when the NHL itself clearly stated he's one of the best 100 players all time while Malkin, and his fans, cried conspiracy.

It's ok, let it go. I have, the second the NHL itself justified what Hawks fans have been saying all along until recently.

Points, awards, cups can be debated. Top 100 of all time just can't be if your not on that list. It's a very special place, and one that can't be given to just anybody.

The Hawks have three players from the cap era. The Pens have Sidney. Isn't that enough?

The Hawks trio shouldn't have made the list over Malkin, Thorton and Iginla.

That list will always remain a joke and another of many representations of what how far journalism fallen.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Toews career high in points is 76. 76!! As a Center. That is not good at all.

And they actually put him on a top 100 ever list. That speaks to how honestly horrible the entire list was/is.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
So you’d take some random poll over Malkin having better career numbers and matching everything that Toews has ever done?

Sounds like sound and reasonable judgement on your part.
It's the NHL that did the list.

Has anyone ever thought that "numbers" don't matter to those who played outside of Cups?

And top 100 all time greatest players . That number is gold.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
It’s almost laughable looking at the numbers season for season comparing Toews to Malkin.

It’s actually a slap in the face to Malkin to compare him to Toews.
It's actually a slap in the face trying to compare top 100 all time players, or better yet, claiming somebody deserves such prestige when the NHL itself gave them a thumbs down, if they even debated him at all.

I don't even think Malkin was a thought when the list was compiled, but that's my opinion.

I honestly would have put Hossa ahead of Malkin, but that's me.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It's the NHL that did the list.

Has anyone ever thought that "numbers" don't matter to those who played outside of Cups?

And top 100 all time greatest players . That number is gold.

Malkin has better numbers and has won just as many Cups. So nothing of your arguement makes sense.

Also, what does it even mean that the “NHL” did the list? The NHL isn’t a person.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It's actually a slap in the face trying to compare top 100 all time players, or better yet, claiming somebody deserves such prestige when the NHL itself gave them a thumbs down, if they even debated him at all.

I don't even think Malkin was a thought when the list was compiled, but that's my opinion.

In what way is Toews better than Malkin besides some list that an opinionated journalist put together for the NHL?

Or are you just going to backtrack to that same argument because you actually have nothing of substance to add to the discussion?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Malkin has better numbers and has won just as many Cups. So nothing of your arguement makes sense.

Also, what does it even mean that the “NHL” did the list? The NHL isn’t a person.
Go to the NHL website and see in glorious oil and canvas the painting of Toews on the top 100 list.

I mean, how come HFB don't make such a list, have somebody rock out the Crayola's and make some pictures and see if social media takes it seriously?

I mean, SM takes the NHLs top 100 list as gospel. Could it hurt? Absolutely not. Would it catch on? Absolutely not. Why? Because it's just fans :D

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
In what way is Toews better than Malkin besides some list that an opinionated journalist put together for the NHL?

Or are you just going to backtrack to that same argument because you actually have nothing of substance to add to the discussion?
It was an opinionated journalist now? :D

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Of course the list is "stupid" to anybody who doesn't agree with it.

But, it's the only list that matters.

There's players on that list I don't agree with, but they were voted onto it and I'm not complaining about it. The NHL hand picked every player and as a fan of hockey, it cannot be debated.

Think about it. It's better then the hall of fame. It's the Pinnacle of the sport.

Malkin isn't on it. He doesn't belong on it. If he did, he would have been on it.

Seriously, out of all the players who have played in the NHL, Toews is one of the greatest 100 who ever laced up the skates. I agree.

And there's really nothing anybody can say that can change it. Nope. Not gonna happen. Tough break.

But, I'm positive there will be another top 100 list in 100 years. Sure, it's not the real top 100 list as the one three Hawks players from the cap era rightly belong on, but, it's better then nothing. It's like second place.
Your really the only person, if not part of a handful of people who actually who don’t think that list is stupid, and it’s because it only feeds your bias ways.

It’s pretty much a universally known and was a universally talked about topic that that list was very much ridiculous....but you still insist that it’s not you who is wrong, it’s all of us.....it’s a bulk of the HF community that’s wrong.

This only shows how much you lack in terms of hockey sense and knowledge....”sorry, if he really deserved to be there, he would have been. Toews is there, so I’m happy.” Anyone with half a hockey mind could come up with a better, more well thought out explanation than that....and most hockey minds agree that Malkin deserved to be on the list, but he isn’t Canadien and there is no juicy story attached to him, he has only won everything there is to win in hockey, but he didn’t captain a team to three cups. We all know that’s more valued.
Out numbered?
As a Toews fan, I'm only out numbered by the 99other players on the Top 100 all time greatest players list.

And if I'm clearly wrong, then why is Toews on the list yet Malkin isn't?

Hint- Toews is better
You really believe more people are on your side. Make a poll and I’ll watch you dig your way out of that hole....

So that’s your logic? Once again....your going to attach your argument to this list and say “I’m obviously not wrong, look at the list. Toews is better.”

Your obviously so up Toews rear end that you can’t see or even hear any sort of actual facts. Your so far gone that any other word will simply go into your eye, pass your bias and limited brain, and out the other ear.

By the way it was fun watching Malkin make a further mockery of this list over the last few years.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Your really the only person, if not part of a handful of people who actually who don’t think that list is stupid, and it’s because it only feeds your bias ways.

It’s pretty much a universally known and was a universally talked about topic that that list was very much ridiculous....but you still insist that it’s not you who is wrong, it’s all of us.....it’s a bulk of the HF community that’s wrong.

This only shows how much you lack in terms of hockey sense and knowledge....”sorry, if he really deserved to be there, he would have been. Toews is there, so I’m happy.” Anyone with half a hockey mind could come up with a better, more well thought out explanation than that....and most hockey minds agree that Malkin deserved to be on the list, but he isn’t Canadien and there is no juicy story attached to him, he has only won everything there is to win in hockey, but he didn’t captain a team to three cups. We all know that’s more valued.

You really believe more people are on your side. Make a poll and I’ll watch you dig your way out of that hole....

So that’s your logic? Once again....your going to attach your argument to this list and say “I’m obviously not wrong, look at the list. Toews is better.”

Your obviously so up Toews rear end that you can’t see or even hear any sort of actual facts. Your so far gone that any other word will simply go into your eye, pass your bias and limited brain, and out the other ear.

By the way it was fun watching Malkin make a further mockery of this list over the last few years.
Seriously, you're trying too hard.

Of course people who's favorite players isn't on such an esteemed list think it's stupid. It's life. It doesn't bring down how much respect said players have whom are on it.

Seriously, fanbois upset their favorite player isn't on it= life lesson in dissapointment. It's healthy and therapeutic.

Where we're all these stats Malkin had over Toews when the list was calculated? Maybe they don't matter? It's not going to change it.

You= "I got stats"
Me= "stats obviously don't matter next to Cups"

You can try your hardest to muster up every stat but fail to comprehend they just didn't matter when the vote was tabulated and Toews was annointed immortality that was pretty much his birth right.

But HFB says....who cares? HFB is irrelevant . I didn't see the NHL putting anybody here with the honor of putting players on this most important list for NHL history. Why is that? Read the second sentance again in this paragraph.

Not once did I say Malkin wasn't a top player, I actually said top five. That's not bad, but lo and behold how it's sacrilege to say such a thing. I'm fine with it. Maybe if his team tried a little harder when the Hawks we're winning all those Cups things could have been different, but crying over spilled milk is pointless.

I agree that Malkin doesn't belong on such list. I don't put him over any on such a list. Doesn't make him bad, he's a good little player. Not Toews top 100 good, but still good. And there's nothing wrong with that. There's no point trying to justify him not being on it. He is. It won't change.

And quite honestly, Cups and being reguarded as one of the top 100 players of all time Trump's any point total, and individual award. Cups and that list are pretty much immortality. They will all be mentioning Toews.

Malkin? Even with what he's done the last three years, is still irrelevant.

Maybe that's why HFB defend Malkin so much?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I don't hate them. I just know they're overrated. A healthy Malkin is better than both.

Aside from his rookie season, everytime Malkin has played 70+ games, he has thoroughly outshined both. Hell, he did it again last year and people still claim Crosby and Ovi were better than him last year lol.

People act as if Malkin doesn't have 2 Art Ross under his belt.

Might want to go check who won the Hart and lindsay in 07/08 and 08/09. And who was the league leader in PPG, goals, GPG (hint: it wasn't Malkin).

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Seriously, you're trying too hard.

Of course people who's favorite players isn't on such an esteemed list think it's stupid. It's life. It doesn't bring down how much respect said players have whom are on it.

Seriously, fanbois upset their favorite player isn't on it= life lesson in dissapointment. It's healthy and therapeutic.

Where we're all these stats Malkin had over Toews when the list was calculated? Maybe they don't matter? It's not going to change it.

You= "I got stats"
Me= "stats obviously don't matter next to Cups"

You can try your hardest to muster up every stat but fail to comprehend they just didn't matter when the vote was tabulated and Toews was annointed immortality that was pretty much his birth right.

But HFB says....who cares? HFB is irrelevant . I didn't see the NHL putting anybody here with the honor of putting players on this most important list for NHL history. Why is that? Read the second sentance again in this paragraph.

Not once did I say Malkin wasn't a top player, I actually said top five. That's not bad, but lo and behold how it's sacrilege to say such a thing. I'm fine with it. Maybe if his team tried a little harder when the Hawks we're winning all those Cups things could have been different, but crying over spilled milk is pointless.

I agree that Malkin doesn't belong on such list. I don't put him over any on such a list. Doesn't make him bad, he's a good little player. Not Toews top 100 good, but still good. And there's nothing wrong with that. There's no point trying to justify him not being on it. He is. It won't change.

And quite honestly, Cups and being reguarded as one of the top 100 players of all time Trump's any point total, and individual award. Cups and that list are pretty much immortality. They will all be mentioning Toews.

Malkin? Even with what he's done the last three years, is still irrelevant.

Maybe that's why HFB defend Malkin so much?
Nothing to do with favorites. Has to do with him deserving it. You can ignore that all you like, doesn’t change that he is the clearly better player.

Cups over stats? Malkin has 3 cups, a Smythe, while leading the Pen in 2/3 cup wins. He has the cups AND stats genius.

Top 5 with Toews ahead? Again, ridiculous. He’s clearly the 3rd, arguably the 2nd. He established that long before this list. He had 2 cups before the list anyway, sort of contradicting wouldn’t you say?

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Acadien86

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey

You should vote for the guy who carried Toews to relevance. Hossa doesn't have a skin condition, his body is rejecting a parasite named Johnny Toews.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
On a fan forum? Nah. Too many homers willing to stack votes makes it laughable to even mention.

Give me a legitimate list given by the league itself. That's the real list/only list that matters.

I don't see anybody saying "well Malkin is a top 100 player on HFBs" anywhere on social media. Do you? :D

Do you even watch the TV? Of course there are people arguing that he should have been there. You’re just stuck on your pro-Toews world while ignoring every bit of context. It’s not worthy to argue with you since you’re either ignoring every arguments for Malkin or counters it with “but but he’s not in the top 100 players of all time list”.

Last edited:
Reactions: varank

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Nothing to do with favorites. Has to do with him deserving it. You can ignore that all you like, doesn’t change that he is the clearly better player.

Cups over stats? Malkin has 3 cups, a Smythe, while leading the Pen in 2/3 cup wins. He has the cups AND stats genius.

Top 5 with Toews ahead? Again, ridiculous. He’s clearly the 3rd, arguably the 2nd. He established that long before this list. He had 2 cups before the list anyway, sort of contradicting wouldn’t you say?

You can Fanboy and Troll all you like. It’s funny for me, draining you of all your respect and image. Continue please.
Aaaaauhgain

If he was better then Toews, he would have been picked for the top 100. He wasn't. So, saying that, I just cannot put him ahead of captain serious, and it's obvious he doesn't belong.

He's not a top 100 player of all time. Toews is. How is he better then a legend? That's what Toews is now, on the same level as a Gretzky and Orr. So is Sidney, btw, but not Malkin. It's not that complicated.

Ok, he had two cups, but Toews had three. Which is more, again?

See, the problem is, if Malkin is better, he should be on the list with his two Cups at the time, right? His other individual awards should have put him over the top. But....there's a disconnect somewhere during the voting process that puts Malkin in the walk of shame category. The top 100 list matters, it's on the NHLs website, if it didn't matter, it would have been an all star game splash then forgotten. But..it's on the website, it matters, more then opinions of fans.

As for the bolded, lol what?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Do you even watch the TV? Of course there are people arguing that he should have been there. You’re just stuck on your pro-Toews world while ignoring every bit of context. It’s not worthy to argue with you since you’re either ignoring every arguments for Malkin or counters it with “but but he’s not in the top 100 players of all time list”.
Because Malkin isn't on the list.

There is no context after that. If Malkin was better then Toews, he would be on the list.

Sidney had two Cups and is on the list. No complaints there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad