When all D are healthy who sits ?

When all D are healthy who sits ?

• Total voters

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I will assume the top 7 D are : Chara, McAvoy, Carlo, Krug, Moore, Grzelcyk, and Miller. So the question is who sits. I'll just include all D'men in this one . I suppose you could play all 7, and rotate a D'man out every game or few games, but lets just say one is going to sit. Who is it ?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Great problem to have honestly.

As far as sitting players goes- I go with it depends on the match up that you maybe swap Gryz and miller in and out.

But Gryz has been REALLY impressive.

Again, this is a great problem to have. Especially with Vaak getting back into it and having guys like Kampfer/Lauzon around as well.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I rotate Gryz, Miller, and Moore. Chara-McAvoy and Krug-Carlo are my top 4. Rotate the other 3 in the bottom pair. Moore was a great signing, and this is a great problem to have.

Reactions: TCB

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
This one is tough. 48 has been good, Moore excellent and Miller brings a singular skill: toughness.

I beleive it will depend on opposition but in the PO Miller and Moore needs to be in the line up

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
LD’s

Chara
Krug
Moore
Grzelyck

RD’s

McAvoy
Carlo
Miller

So it would seem to me Moore/Gryz will be the odd man out

Plus keeps those guys fresh as there the only D to basically play every game this season

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Don't want to sound negative, but it's a pipe dream to think the D will not have more injuries. In a perfect healthy world there will be a good amount of rotation of the bottom D. All depends on matchups. It's an awesome situation for Bruce. D and goalie are the two areas where the Bs should be absolutely set when the playoffs roll around, barring injury to key players (Carlo please stay healthy!).

Reactions: TCB

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What are the odds all D are healthy at the same time?
Not just that, but players play dinged up pretty heavily a lot. Having the kind of depth the Bs will have once everyone is back will afford Bruce the ability to allow guys to sit out and heal for stretches when they get dinged up just short of being officially injured. That's a bigger deal than some folks may realize, especially deep into the season and during the playoffs.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Not just that, but players play dinged up pretty heavily a lot. Having the kind of depth the Bs will have once everyone is back will afford Bruce the ability to allow guys to sit out and heal for stretches when they get dinged up just short of being officially injured. That's a bigger deal than some folks may realize, especially deep into the season and during the playoffs.
That's a good point. One I hadn't considered.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Miller wont sit. He kills penalties.

It will Grizz that sits.
But Im pretty sure somebody will get hurt before Miller gets back anyways.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
You are right... but if they are all healthy, during the season it will depend on the opponents, PO starting 48 sits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad