When a player you hated came to your team...

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
If Cooke had ever come to the Bruins I would have stopped watching hockey.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hated Carcillo as a Flyers. But he became one of my favorite players on the Rangers.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wild picked up Cooke. I disliked it but afforded him benefit of the doubt. Spent the whole time waiting/fearing he'd return to form. So a little distracting, you might say.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
A couple of players I couldn't stand on other teams that I absolutely loved when the Penguins acquired them were Rick Tocchet and Darius Kasparaitis.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Unless I'm forgetting someone Briere has been my least favourite player we have brought in, never really warmed up to him.

I'll say though that in football my team has brought in players I have considered dirty or disliked and I have gone on to appreciate them. Its generally more of a "haha, that dirty stuff use to happen to us, now its happening to you" rather than "well since he came here he has been a model citizen" that some people in this thread are pretending.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lebda to the leafs was even worse than i had imagined. Hated him when he was on the wings, he proved to be even more useless upon joining the leafs.

ShonSaunders

May 18, 2012
Babylon
As a Kings fan, I hated Avery when we got him, and hated him every minute he was on the Kings. I didn't like Lucic when he was on the Bruins, and didn't like him on the Kings. It seemed that every good thing he did for the club was offset by a stupid, retaliatory penalty. When he signed with Edmonton I wasn't surprised, he didn't seem to care about L.A. or the Kings. I never understood the way some of my fellow L.A. fans glom on to some of these players. Back in the day, Avery had a huge following out here where fans called him "Puppy", and wore WWAD? (What Would Avery Do) t-shirts. That guy was a joke, and became such a liability. It got the point where he was so hated by everybody in the league (including teammates), that he couldn't touch the puck without getting a call regardless of whether he committed a penalty or not. The refs hated him lol. And yet, a lot of Kings fans still liked him, and even made excuses for him when he used a racial slur against Georges Laraque (allegedly).

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Sean Avery in LA....i dont really think i need to go in to detail about what a ****** person he is.

He had a special quality of drawing hate. But as for playing the game he was pretty decent I thought. I just remember hating him so much when on the Kings, but thinking he was funny on the Rangers. He never did cheap shots or injured anyone, which is usually my recipe for hate. But being a jerk works too. Kinda like the way Kesler gets hate even though he's never been suspended. Avery and Kesler both have been punching bags though.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Ray Ferraro. Hated him on the Whalers and he didn't look good when he came over. He improved in his first full season as an Islander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad