Wheels vs. Buff on payday

Who's worth more relative to his payday, Wheeler or Byfuglien?

• Total voters

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Well Skidooboy, I respect your opinion on this, but I don't agree. I'd go as far as to say that Wheeler is a star player for the Jets--not a super star. The kind of players that are superstars are players like:

1) McDavid -superstar, and likely a "generational player" ( come by rarely)

2) Crosby- superstar

3) Malkin- superstar

4) Mathews -starting to look like a superstar

To me, Wheeler is not in the class of a super star. As I said, I'd consider him a Star player on the Jets, and also somewhat of one in the NHL. He's really on the border of being very good and a Star in the NHL- he is very good !!!

We all have our own opinion though, and see things from different perspectives.
By that list I think Kane is the only RWer with more points than Wheeler. He finished 9th in points last year.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I totally agree with 10 Ducky 10 here-I think it be a smart move to resign Buff, when he's up, and I think I'd go 2-3 years more on him. He's a bigtime asset for the Jets, and he doesn't appear to be slowing up much.

I see it happening and now that he's had his big money contract it could probably be for a reasonable price (assuming he still has some gas in the tank). He loves it here and I'm sure he wants to retire as a Jet. The ice fishing is just too good also lol. Fully expect #33 to be the first Jets 2.0 number to be retired here.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I see it happening and now that he's had his big money contract it could probably be for a reasonable price (assuming he still has some gas in the tank). He loves it here and I'm sure he wants to retire as a Jet. The ice fishing is just too good also lol. Fully expect #33 to be the first Jets 2.0 number to be retired here.
And I'll be the first one to complain until his play makes it that it's impossible to not be thrilled.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud

Well Skidooboy, I respect your opinion on this, but I don't agree. I'd go as far as to say that Wheeler is a star player for the Jets--not a super star. The kind of players that are superstars are players like:

1) McDavid -superstar, and likely a "generational player" ( come by rarely)

2) Crosby- superstar

3) Malkin- superstar

4) Mathews -starting to look like a superstar

To me, Wheeler is not in the class of a super star. As I said, I'd consider him a Star player on the Jets, and also somewhat of one in the NHL. He's really on the border of being very good and a Star in the NHL- he is very good !!!

We all have our own opinion though, and see things from different perspectives.

Having an opinion is one thing.
Having an opinion that is founded on what “you feel” is another
Maintaining that opinion in the face of overwhelming evidence showing you are incorrect.... well.... that’s not an opinion, that’s plain old ignorance.

#2 in the NHL at his position over the last five years.
#11 overall for the same period?

Night in night out durable top end scorer and playmaker....

I can’t even.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Having an opinion is one thing.
Having an opinion that is founded on what “you feel” is another
Maintaining that opinion in the face of overwhelming evidence showing you are incorrect.... well.... that’s not an opinion, that’s plain old ignorance.

#2 in the NHL at his position over the last five years.
#11 overall for the same period?

Night in night out durable top end scorer and playmaker....

I can’t even.

I can see your a big Wheeler fan -"no doubt" He'll be going on 33 when his new contract kicks in for $ 8.5 mil per season. I wish I was as confident as you are in him.

BTW-- I think you need a new Avartar :cool:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Once again to me Buff changed all the momentum in a game yesterday with that big hit , that is something that makes the Jets play better . They get pumped on the bench and it makes the other team keep their heads up at all times , worth every penny he's getting .

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Once again to me Buff changed all the momentum in a game yesterday with that big hit , that is something that makes the Jets play better . They get pumped on the bench and it makes the other team keep their heads up at all times , worth every penny he's getting .

What happened to the guy he demolished? Did he get injured?

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud

I can see your a big Wheeler fan -"no doubt" He'll be going on 33 when his new contract kicks in for $ 8.5 mil per season. I wish I was as confident as you are in him.

BTW-- I think you need a new Avartar :cool:

Of course I'm a "big wheeler fan" the question isn't why am I? The question legitimately is "why aren't you?"

Wheeler is in the very top 0.15% of NHL scorers...not over 1 season not 2 but over the last 5.
Going back to 2011 when the Jets got here .....he's still in the top 1% of scorers.
He's everything you want in a Captain leader and scorer. He has rarely missed a game, he is one of the best pp QBs in the game and he's a big strong player on the boards, and isn't afraid to come to a teammates defence.

So I ask you mr armchair GM.....what offer would you have made him? what do you think fair market value for Blake Wheeler is?

There's nothing wrong with my avatar. Hydrothermal worms never go out of style.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Of course I'm a "big wheeler fan" the question isn't why am I? The question legitimately is "why aren't you?"

Wheeler is in the very top 0.15% of NHL scorers...not over 1 season not 2 but over the last 5.
Going back to 2011 when the Jets got here .....he's still in the top 1% of scorers.
He's everything you want in a Captain leader and scorer. He has rarely missed a game, he is one of the best pp QBs in the game and he's a big strong player on the boards, and isn't afraid to come to a teammates defence.

So I ask you mr armchair GM.....what offer would you have made him? what do you think fair market value for Blake Wheeler is?

There's nothing wrong with my avatar. Hydrothermal worms never go out of style.
I'd like him to stop taking so many dumb penalties as it only encourages his teammates to. Leadership starts at the top. Other than that Wheeler is a good qb on pp.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
They laid out a lot of rope with Wheels deal, I hope they don't bhang themselves with it...

Time will tell so right now Buff is the winner winner chicken dinner...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad