Wheeler's Next contract

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Too bad they can't put a clause in his contract that docks him $50K for every overly long shift.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
You can see the fire in his eyes when he talks about being traded by Boston a mere months before they won the cup in 2011

Something Wheeler and everybody else should keep in mind...

If Boston hadn't traded Wheeler and Stuart, it is possible even probable that they would not have won the Cup. I know that no athlete ever thinks of themselves as being part of the problem, but sometimes Wheeler is. And yes, sometimes he's part of the solution. Just saying, he shouldn't go through life thinking he missed out on the brass ring.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Something Wheeler and everybody else should keep in mind...

If Boston hadn't traded Wheeler and Stuart, it is possible even probable that they would not have won the Cup. I know that no athlete ever thinks of themselves as being part of the problem, but sometimes Wheeler is. And yes, sometimes he's part of the solution. Just saying, he shouldn't go through life thinking he missed out on the brass ring.

Your point has only the butterfly effect going for it. Peverley contributed fairly little to the Bruins and Valabik never even played for them.

I think the assumption that he missed out on the cup is pretty safe.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
I really don't see a scenario in which Blake isn't re-signed by TNSE. I believe the money allotted to a player of his ilk will fall in and around 34 million dollars. In my opinion, the structure will have him well compensated for the first part of the new deal (Yr. 1-3) and less so in the final two years. An AAV of 6..8125 isn't detrimental to the perceived Salary Budget moving forward, IMO. Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad