GDT: WHC day 4: Sweden France, Canada Denmark

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Larsson 0 G 2 A 2 P +2 17:22 TOI (low TOI due to too many PPs)
In the center of all physical play going on :laugh:

France with 24 PIM, all minors, crazy.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
The Larsson to Larsson thing needs to happen. I agree that Larsson x2 have developed chemistry on the ice and off it. And the Oilers would finally have that elusive first pairing that they've been craving forever. Maybe make a pitch when he makes UFA. But can Edmonton afford his cap hit?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Did you guys see the Larsson hit? It was a monster hit, but he might get suspended for it

Larsson comments:
"I don't think I did anything wrong, it felt clean. I have not seen the replay of the hit yet though, so maybe I should not say too much. But it seemed like a good contact hit. It would surprise me at this time if this is not the end of it"

Regarding the rough play afterwards:
"Well, we had to stand up to them when things became physical. It makes sense that they got riled up after that hit."

Reactions: Aerrol

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Larsson comments:
"I don't think I did anything wrong, it felt clean. I have not seen the replay of the hit yet though, so maybe I should not say too much. But it seemed like a good contact hit. It would surprise me at this time if this is not the end of it"

Regarding the rough play afterwards:
"Well, we had to stand up to them when things became physical. It makes sense that they got riled up after that hit."
I didn't see the rough stuff afterwards.

Anyone know if things got ugly? Did they go after Lars?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I didn't see the rough stuff afterwards.

Anyone know if things got ugly? Did they go after Lars?
They went after most of Swe players. OEL a couple of times (who didn't seem to mind, went to stand infront of the France bench a couple of times, just standing there listening to what they were shouting at him), Pettersson (slash bresking his stick closd to the hands), Larsson (cross checks), Klingberg (stick in the face). They never went full-out and destroyed anyone but they hacked, slashed and crosschecked throughout the game after the Larsson hit.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Man, all of the OEL-Larsson comments here are really making me overly excited at the prospect of an OEL trade that's almost certainly not gonna happen haha. Would be really nice to see if it did though.

Hopefully, as a consolation prize, Klef rounds back to form and they can form their own bromantic pairing.

Reactions: LaGu

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Man, all of the OEL-Larsson comments here are really making me overly excited at the prospect of an OEL trade that's almost certainly not gonna happen haha. Would be really nice to see if it did though.

Hopefully, as a consolation prize, Klef rounds back to form and they can form their own bromantic pairing.
I hate to put saltpetre in whatever you're drinking but that's not happening.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I hate to put saltpetre in whatever you're drinking but that's not happening.

Klefbom isn't rebounding to form? I think it's within the realm of possibility that he looks a lot better next year.

I agree that an OEL trade isn't happening though.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Every year the Oilers forwards go to the whc and play amazing/elite in front of compentant D and every year oil fans are amazed at the inevitable result

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Klefbom isn't rebounding to form? I think it's within the realm of possibility that he looks a lot better next year.

I agree that an OEL trade isn't happening though.
I'm a Klef fan and think he rebounds.

I was referring to the OEL trade.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The two announcers having a belly laugh at the France player helicoptering to the ice in slow-Mo
after the hit by Larsson is kinda funny. :laugh:

Kinda? I thought it was hilarious!! Now Imagine if it were Cherry and Kypreos having a demonic laughing fit seeing a Swede go down into a lump after a Doughty open ice hit. They’d get killed by our media.

Reactions: McFuhryous

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
To be fair, a bit, they did say that "he got away with one" and were laughing at that more than anything else.... Not sure if that makes it better though :laugh:

Edit: and they are getting a lot of criticism right now, Larsson as well was under fire from many media outlets yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: mjlee

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Kinda? I thought it was hilarious!! Now Imagine if it were Cherry and Kypreos having a demonic laughing fit seeing a Swede go down into a lump after a Doughty open ice hit. They’d get killed by our media.

I think the laughter stemmed mainly from their disagreement in the first sequence on the hit. The colour guy thinks it's a bad hit whereas the pbp guy thinks it's good. So when they see it in replay again they start to laugh and then the colour guy says: Do you see what I mean? and the pbp guy says: Yeah, yeah...

So they're clearly not laughing at the french player going down hard or anything like that.

Reactions: LaGu

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think the laughter stemmed mainly from their disagreement in the first sequence on the hit. The colour guy thinks it's a bad hit whereas the pbp guy thinks it's good. So when they see it in replay again they start to laugh and then the colour guy says: Do you see what I mean? and the pbp guy says: Yeah, yeah...

So they're clearly not laughing at the french player going down hard or anything like that.

Ah ok thanks, that clarifies it. It sounds like they see the hit and are killing themselves laughing that it’s one down, 4 to go.

Reactions: Zaddy

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Sekera is looking pretty good at the worlds, skating quite a bit better.
I was curious how he was doing. Pretty much said himself even though he felt good to start he wasn't up to speed, which caused mistakes. Hopefully he can get in a full summer of training and be back to that #3 guy he was in the past.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
that play by play reaction is hilarious

Those two cover NHL games too. I would be so embarrassed if foreigners could hear what they say on a nightly basis, they're like two even cringier versions of Pierre McGuire. Just two quotes from last night: "Klingberg is tussling with the little frenchman" and "Zibanejad is naked!" (= he's alone on a breakaway).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->