GDT: WHC day 3

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I love Drai and he’s pretty much the German team who I’m pulling for after canada being half german/Canadian. if your being honest can you honestly say you didn’t see that same effort out of him 20+ times in second half of season? ... I know I know players effort drop once eliminated but at 8.5/yr it should happen so often.

I have little worry when games are meaningful in spring Drai won’t coast but the more often he does it the harder a habit it is to break once he can’t get away with it.
I don't see why the amount of money he makes has anything to do with that.

If you made the arguement he wears the "C" or an "A" than I would agree, as your captains shouldn't be taking games off. Drai doesn't wear either of those

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Haha, Larsson with a great chance short-handed dangling (!!!) through with Cze D with speed and a near miss.

Are OEL and Larsson their 1st pair? Haven't had a chance to watch, but just looking at ice time, they are both way ahead of the crowd.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Larsson +1 26:03 TOI, highest TOI on the team an that is without any PP time.

Got an assist on Swe 3-1 goal taken away from him, unclear why.

He was a beast in this game, classic Larsson physical presence but with a jump to his game joing the attack on a few occasions (beating the D 1on1 two times!!). Maybe playing with OEL and Klingberg is inspiring, maybe opposition is a bit easier, bur he looks really good. After two games he is playing like the best D on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I don't know why we don't try Larsson on the 2nd PP. He has a heavy shot and decent offensive instincts.
He has been shooting a bit but it is pretty clear that Klingberg and OEL are better on the PP and have better shots. I don't think Larsson has a bad shot but it looks like he holds back a bit, looking for the deflection, instead of just ripping it (maybe this is because he isn't good at it, but I'd like to see it anyway).

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Anyone watching the Slovakia game? I heard Sekera was decent in the opening game and if I manage to get the kids to sleep (doubtful) I thought I'd have a look at how he looks.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Detroit prospect Filip Hronek looks like he might end up being a player of note.

I suspect Elias Pettersson will end up being a scary good player for the Nucks, but at the moment it looks like he might be susceptible to being bullied out of games, if we make it a mandate for all our players to target him and lean on him a bit we might be able to neutralize his effectiveness for the first year or maybe 2 of his NHL career, his strength level looks similar to Nuge at the same age.

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Question is, keep watching Svk - Sui or go to Bos - Tampa?...

Bho, I've seen enough. Playoff hockey it is.

Edit: I think the Swiss are better than many might expect. The dark horse of this WHC imo

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Good to see Larsson is getting some practice playing with his future D partner with the Oilers ;)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This is the first time this version of Korea faces actual NHL quality players. It could end up with some big numbers. Hopefully McD can pot a few, WHC scoring race is his for the taking.

Remember--Canada has the built in mercy rule--once they get over 8 goal lead they slip into cruise control

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Remember--Canada has the built in mercy rule--once they get over 8 goal lead they slip into cruise control
I thought the entire game was in cruise control by Canada. Or at least until I switched off after the first. Honestly, Korea does not belong in the A div (or whatever the top division is called). They look way worse than team's like Italy, Slovenia, Kazakstan etc imho.

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
Just had to state it here also. Sebastian Aho's play for team Finland is so dominant at moment. A pure delight to watch his game, after two games played 4G + 6A for him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know why we don't try Larsson on the 2nd PP. He has a heavy shot and decent offensive instincts.
I remember TM mentioning something about not wanting to overplay him last year(16-17). Use him where we need him the most. Although this past year we could've really used him on the PP if he could get his shot through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->