What's your worst hot take opinion you were way off on

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
That Draisaitl's contract was an absolute disaster for the Oilers.
Boy did that teach me to shut up and wait for some actual feedback, in life in general, before starting my mouth.

Oh and I forgot - the same as everyone else: Vegas would suck badly and probably be last in their first year and continue being abysmal for at least 3-4 years.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I get drawn in on exciting KHL dmen but generally undervalue KHL forwards. Theres a short list of KHL dmen that I thought would be studs (Im still a Jerabek fan though) and some effective NHLers from the KHL that Id thought would be duds (Gusev I thought stood no chance of sticking a season, Kaprisov turned out better than the 40 pt player I anticipated)

Funny enough my biggest miss was whats his pickle that signed in Vegas, I thought he'd be a top 6 centre.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I thought Leon would bust because of his name. I thought Barkov would bust as well. Was a firm believer Buffalo had a steal when selecting Grigorenko in 2012 as well.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
I was heated that the Avs took landeskog over Larsson, glad to be wrong

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That the Rangers made a massive mistake signing Panarin which effectively ended the rebuild a year or two too soon but then we got Lafreniere anyway

MomoSissokko

Feb 16, 2010
That 2 of Oilers, Pens and Bruins will not make the playoffs this season.

Also I said that this year playoff series Toronto vs. Habs will be a "no brainer". Ouch

Edmonton in second round.

Last edited:

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
After looking at Vegas roster after the expansion draft, I thought it was one of the worst rosters I had ever seen.

I may not have posted it online anywhere. But I remember telling a friend that they might get about 30-40 points, and post one of the worst records in NHL history.

We all know what has happened since, and especially during their first season.

That is definitely the most wrong I have ever been when it comes to a hockey analysis or opinion.

Same with me. After the schedule was released a work friend and I sat down at lunch on a shift and figured Vegas wouldn't win their first game for at least a month or more.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Very early in his career I thought Datsyuk would be like a Slava Kozlov for the Wings. Talented supporting player but not a franchise player.

Maybe I was subconsciously influenced by him wearing the same number? Or made to much of his playoff scoring issues?

It's definitely been my worst hot take in all my years of watching hockey.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
After the 09 Penguins Cup I thought they would win 4 cups in 5 years like the 80’s Oilers.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I thought the blue jackets would be a sleeper team and surprisingly good. I also thought Dubois would instantly become a stud in Winnipeg and that Roslovic was spare parts in that trade. It’s looking like he was the best part of it.. lol

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Said Carey Price only looked good, and not great vs the leafs.

He looked human 4 games in. Since then. He's Olympic hall of fame Carey.

As I've always said, and is true to the sport. A hot goalie can take you anywhere in the playoffs.

Just so happens to be, Montreal has the best goalie in the world, playing on a hot streak.

*for vasi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad