Extra: Patrick Marleau

Pronger- Niedermayer
Redden- Foote
Blake- Regehr

Extra: Jovanovski

Martin Brodeur
Marty Turco
Jose Theodore

Notable Absences: Shane Doan, Sidney Crosby, Martin St.Louis, Brad Richards, Glen Murray, Bryan McCabe and Kris Draper.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Gagne - Sakic - Iginla
Richards - Lecavalier - Bertuzzi
Nash - Thornton - Heatley
Crosby - Draper - Doan

Vanucks

Apr 25, 2003
Rogers Arena?
We haven't had one of these threads for at least a week, so I guess we're overdue. But what the hell, I haven't named mine yet.

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Richards-Lecavlier-St. Louis
Heatley-Thornton-Bertuzzi
Smyth-Draper-Doan
extra-Spezza

Blake-Niedemayer
Pronger-Regehr
Redden-Jovanovski
extra-Foote

Brodeur
Luongo
Theodore

joe_shannon_1983*

HNIC said:
We haven't had one of these threads for at least a week, so I guess we're overdue. But what the hell, I haven't named mine yet.

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Richards-Lecavlier-St. Louis
Heatley-Thornton-Bertuzzi
Smyth-Draper-Doan
extra-Spezza

Blake-Niedemayer
Pronger-Regehr
Redden-Jovanovski
extra-Foote

Brodeur
Luongo
Theodore

That right there is probably very close to what the roster will end up being like.

The only differences may end up being: instead of Spezza, Crosby might make it; and instead of Bertuzzi, Nash might make it.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
SENS4EVER said:
Martin Brodeur
Marty Turco
Jose Theodore

Notable Absences: Shane Doan, Sidney Crosby, Martin St.Louis, Brad Richards, Glen Murray, Bryan McCabe and Kris Draper.

Notable Absence... LUONGO

wildone26*

ferns8916 said:
That right there is probably very close to what the roster will end up being like.

The only differences may end up being: instead of Spezza, Crosby might make it; and instead of Bertuzzi, Nash might make it.

Or perhaps instead of Smyth Nash might make it. I wouldnt be surprised if Smyth was dumped, and Bertuzzi was kept in. Is it wishful thinking think that Staal might get a spot over both Spezza and Crosby?

joe_shannon_1983*

wildone26 said:
Or perhaps instead of Smyth Nash might make it. I wouldnt be surprised if Smyth was dumped, and Bertuzzi was kept in. Is it wishful thinking think that Staal might get a spot over both Spezza and Crosby?

I would keep Smyth around before I would take Nash. Smyth is better on a checking line, has more leadership and experience, and has a huge heart.

I think it may be wishful thinking to want Staal on the team ahead of Spezza and Crosby.

Staal is not Canada's new hockey 'Golden-Boy' like Crosby is, and doesn't have near the hype attached to his name. Staal also is not on the NHL's best team like Spezza is, which also happens to be in the national capital of Canada.

I would be greatly surprised if Staal beats out both Spezza and Crosby for a spot on the team.

wildone26*

ferns8916 said:
I would keep Smyth around before I would take Nash. Smyth is better on a checking line, has more leadership and experience, and has a huge heart.

I think it may be wishful thinking to want Staal on the team ahead of Spezza and Crosby.

Staal is not Canada's new hockey 'Golden-Boy' like Crosby is, and doesn't have near the hype attached to his name. Staal also is not on the NHL's best team like Spezza is, which also happens to be in the national capital of Canada.

I would be greatly surprised if Staal beats out both Spezza and Crosby for a spot on the team.

I am just saying I believe Team Canada is more likely to drop Smyth for Nash, than Bertuzzi for Nash. That isnt so much my own opinion, as a hunch and the impression I am getting from discussions they are having on hockey panels, etc....
If I had to guess one of Smyth or Bertuzzi to be left off it is definitely Smyth. I have given up trying to make projections based too much on my own opinions.

Also if Nash does make the team they will probably put him with Thorton, and possably with Gagne, since they played together at the summer evaluation camp.
I doubt he would be put on a "checking line" anyway.

Sadly you are probably right on Staal.

Coffee and 7's*

Tanguay-Sakic-Iginla
Nash-Thornton-Bertuzzi
Gagne-Marleau-Heatley
Shanahan-Richards-Lecavalier

EX: Morrow,Spezza,Crosby

Blake-Niedermyer
Pronger-Regehr
Redden-Jovanovski

EX: McCabe

Brodeur
Luongo
Turco

Red Machine

Mar 3, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
St.Louis-Thornton-Bertuzzi
Richards-Lecavalier-Heatley
Smyth-Draper-Doan
ex- Crosby (i dont think he deserves to go, im hoping Spezza gets the chance before him, but i just have a feeling he'll get selected)

Nidermayer-Pronger
Redden-Blake
Regehr-Jovonovski
ex- Foote (i agree with Foote being here, however Bryan McCabe deserves the spot, i think he could do very well playing mostly on the power play.)

Brodeur
Luongo
Joseph (Joseph has earned the spot this year, but so has Turco, id be happy with either one.)

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I think you are giving Richard, Lecavalier, and St. Louis too much credit based on last year's success. Not the same forwards this year, currently St. Louis definetly dosen't deserve a spot.

wildone26*

Crosby is the one who does not deserve to go. If one was looking at him objectively he has slowed down considerably in the last couple weeks,and for a player who at best should be on the bubble to begin with, he should be out, but the name, "sid the kid", and the talk continues..... St. Louis on the other hand has come on strong after a slow start, and is very worthy of a spot on the team.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Forwards

Heatley - Spezza - Iginla.................This line is a no brainer for me
Richards - Lecavalier - St. Louis........Another no Brainer
Gagne - Thornton - Marleau.............Marleau has played his way over others
Tanguay - Sakic - Stall...................Tanguay and Sakic I really like that combo

Spares: R. Smyth, Doan and Crosby (Nash I couldn't say yet)

Defense

Niedermayer - Pronger
Blake - Regher
Redden - Jovanovski

Spare: McCabe

Goalies

Brodeur
Joseph
Turco

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
My team if I was picking:

Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Thornton-Doan
Richards-Lecavalier-Bertuzzi
Heatley-Spezza-Nash
extra: Crosby

Neidermayer-Blake
Pronger-Redden
Jovanovski-Regehr
extra: Foote

Brodeur
Luongo
extra: Turco

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
That would be my team (not in any order)

Dany Heatley - Jason Spezza - Jarome Iginla
Ryan Smyth - Joe Thornton - Martin St. Louis
Simon Gagne - Joe Sakic - Todd Bertuzzi
Brad Richards - Vincent Lecavalier - Shane Doan

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
Luongo, Brodeur, Turco

Blake, Pronger, Niedermayer, Regehr, Redden, Jovanovski, Foote

Sakic, Iginla, Heatley, Nash, Richards, LeCavalier, St.Louis, Thornton, Staal, Smyth, Spezza, Crosby, Morrow

wildone26*

Regarding Rick Nash what are they going to do "if" they were planning on putting him on the team, but he does not return to action before the Wednedsay date of picking the team? :amazed:

wildone26*

pei fan said:
Well yea I would have been interested in "paul" Coffey's picks.Phil's :dunno: .

Sorry it was a typo. It was late when I was tying it and I was tired already. :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad