What's your Goaltending for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Personally, I've just watched a lot more Grubauer and Lehner seems a bit nuts.
I’m really warming to the idea of Lehner. We could get him with little to no assets depending on what Buffalo does, and he has put up better numbers statistically than anybody we’ve had behind that dumpster fire in Buffalo. He had a 0.920 and 0.908 the last two years and has a career 0.916 average. In Buffalo. I’d be pretty crazy too given the circumstances.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't know which of their playing styles will fit best, especially not knowing what system we'll be running, but we've seen that good stats won't necessarily translate over. I do kinda want the smaller goalie in Grubauer as opposed to Lehner. I think either is worth taking a chance on though.

I do wonder what it says about Lehner that a team that has their goalie situation no more settled than ours appears poised to jettison him.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
2uf38u8.jpg

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Wait for Lehner to hit UFA, offer him an attractive 1-year deal. A prove-it contract.

If you can't come up with another potential 1-A guy, bring Ward back.

Go into camp and let Darling, UFA, and Ned fight it out to see who backs up Lehner. If either Lehner or the other UFA falters, give Ned a shot with a coupla/few months left in the season and tank that shit good.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I hope Cam does great if he does go somewhere else, and I think Chicago is a good fit, and not a team I particularly hate, so I'd be fine with that. He can come back and be our director of goalie development or goalie coach someday if he wants for all I care and probably get his number retired. But I won't mind him being gone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->