What's your favourite performance from someone who didn't win the cup that year?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Pisani/ roloson I guess from the 06 oilers

I'm just going from my favorite teams most recent finals but I guess you could pick almost anyone on that team they were all playing above their heads other than pronger who was just his normal ill carry any team if I'm not concussed and mab who took out roloson

Reactions: OppositeLocK

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
As a young-ish Habs fan, Halak in 2010 basically single-handedly beating the top two seeds in the league in the Pens and Caps was some of the most fun I've had! Especially considering that included a comeback vs. Washington after being down 3-1 in the series.

Reactions: Ivo and abo9

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
As a young-ish Habs fan, Halak in 2010 basically single-handedly beating the top two seeds in the league in the Pens and Caps was some of the most fun I've had! Especially considering that included a comeback vs. Washington after being down 3-1 in the series.
And then they traded him

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
that run for the Oilers in 06 where Fernando Pisani just kept scoring and scoring was really fun. Tuned in every game to see if he'd pot another.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Yeah, such a ballsy trade that really split the fanbase. Looks like it paid off though!

But I think every Habs fan will always love Halak for that run.
Did any of those picks turn into anything ? I didn't follow it but if halak kept outperforming price you could have kept his salary down maybe

Montreal is a good team for goalies , the blues at the time weren't if I remember they got Miller and he just gave up being a starter to be the ducks backup after that.

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Yeah, such a ballsy trade that really split the fanbase. Looks like it paid off though!

But I think every Habs fan will always love Halak for that run.

I'm a big Price fan, always been. The run was fun but I always had a slight dislike for Halak because so many people wanted to trade Price haha

But yeah, not having seen Giguere's performance, or Hasek's or Roy's, Halak is up there in superhuman efforts that resulted in almost nothing. Well, we got Eller out of it :)

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
As a newish hockey fan I think what Rask did in 18-19 was pretty outstanding. .934 is really really good.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Pisani/ roloson I guess from the 06 oilers

I'm just going from my favorite teams most recent finals but I guess you could pick almost anyone on that team they were all playing above their heads other than pronger who was just his normal ill carry any team if I'm not concussed and mab who took out roloson

Agreed, even as a non-Oilers fan, 2006 was such a great run to watch.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
A few that stick out in the last 20 years are '02 Forsberg, '03 Giguere, '06 Pronger & Roloson, '10 Briere & Pronger, '13 Bergeron, and '17 Karlsson.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Did any of those picks turn into anything ? I didn't follow it but if halak kept outperforming price you could have kept his salary down maybe

Montreal is a good team for goalies , the blues at the time weren't if I remember they got Miller and he just gave up being a starter to be the ducks backup after that.
Habs got Lars Eller and Ian Schultz. Eller has ended up having a good career, but the real trade for Montreal was giving Price the reigns.
I'm a big Price fan, always been. The run was fun but I always had a slight dislike for Halak because so many people wanted to trade Price haha

But yeah, not having seen Giguere's performance, or Hasek's or Roy's, Halak is up there in superhuman efforts that resulted in almost nothing. Well, we got Eller out of it :)
Yeah I get your perspective on that for sure. It had a tendency to really split the fanbase. Even now some still debate the trade, 11 years later! Eller ended up being a great piece, Price has had an amazing career, Halak also went on to find success. Feels like a win at all angles :)

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad