What's Your Dream Car?

member 157595

Damn. Be sure to suck up to your buddy a lot; obviously comes from a rich family.

I knew someone in college that had an Enzo Ferrari. My question is: who the f*** would trust a college-age kid with a goddamn Enzo?

Last edited by a moderator:

member 157595

Or rich enough that the cost of an Enzo just doesn't register.

Obviously that's true, but it's also evident he didn't really care about his son because the likelihood of getting into a serious accident with a car that powerful is high, especially within that age demographic.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm a Lexus guy so I guess my dream is a LFA.

Used-2012-Lexus-LFA-1598390291-1.jpg

I drive an RC 200t F sport now but within 5 years I'll have a LC, if my plan holds.
2020-lexus-lc-500-02.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

member 157595

I'm a Lexus guy so I guess my dream is a LFA.

Used-2012-Lexus-LFA-1598390291-1.jpg

I drive an RC 200t F sport now but within 5 years I'll have a LC, if my plan holds.
2020-lexus-lc-500-02.jpg

Beautiful.

Lexus has some nice looking models, but the lack of any stick shift option turns me right away from them.

You and I have had this conversation before and we both think it stinks that manuals are disappearing in North America. I know it's slower than an automatic or paddle-shift (especially a dual-clutch) but it would nice to have at least have the option for the driving experience alone. When I went to Ireland years ago, I didn't know how to drive a manual yet and had to pay a fortune to rent an automatic out there (not sure I could shift with my left hand today for that matter, but that's beside the point.)

For American sports cars in particular, I think I'd just have to have a manual. Take the Corvette for example; I'd take a C7 with the 7-speed over the C8 Stingray with the auto easily. If I'm getting a Corvette I want the Corvette to be raunchy and obnoxious, and the C7 ZR1 may be the most raunchy, obnoxious and evil car made in the past two decades.

Reactions: TaLoN and triggrman

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Beautiful.

You and I have had this conversation before and we both think it stinks that manuals are disappearing in North America. I know it's slower than an automatic or paddle-shift (especially a dual-clutch) but it would nice to have at least have the option for the driving experience alone. When I went to Ireland years ago, I didn't know how to drive a manual yet and had to pay a fortune to rent an automatic out there (not sure I could shift with my left hand today for that matter, but that's beside the point.)

For American sports cars in particular, I think I'd just have to have a manual. Take the Corvette for example; I'd take a C7 with the 7-speed over the C8 Stingray with the auto easily. If I'm getting a Corvette I want the Corvette to be raunchy and obnoxious, and the C7 ZR1 may be the most raunchy, obnoxious and evil car made in the past two decades.
I really thought the new Supras would have a manual option in 2021 after so many gear heads complained about the 2020 not having one.

member 157595

I really thought the new Supras would have a manual option in 2021 after so many gear heads complained about the 2020 not having one.

I don't know much about the 2021's but the 2020's were basically BMW's with a Toyota badge, and BMW is getting away from manuals as well.

Sometimes technical superiority doesn't mean a better driver experience. It depends on the car, the driver and the nature of the commute.

Reactions: TaLoN

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't know much about the 2021's but the 2020's were basically BMW's with a Toyota badge, and BMW is getting away from manuals as well.

Sometimes technical superiority doesn't mean a better driver experience. It depends on the car, the driver and the nature of the commute.
Yeah, it is and it isn't, it's as much BMW as the Z4 is a Toyota. I think the suspension system is mostly Toyota, but the motor is BMW, including the new 255hp 2 liter Turbo. but Toyota did have some quality control measures they did implement.

the 2021 model of the 3 liter actually has 21 hp more than the 2020.

Reactions: OmniCube

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I know there are some after market shops putting bmw manual transmissions into some of these. There is a demand for it.

I know it's slower than an automatic or paddle-shift (especially a dual-clutch) but it would nice to have at least have the option for the driving experience alone.
Completely agree. I don't care if there's a bit of a loss in performance... it's a lot more smiles per hour shifting it yourself. ;)

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

I know there are some after market shops putting bmw manual transmissions into some of these. There is a demand for it.

Completely agree. I don't care if there's a bit of a loss in performance... it's a lot more smiles per hour shifting it yourself. ;)

I remember a simple quote by Jay Leno during one of his "Jay Leno's Garage" episodes (I believe it was the C7 ZR1): "I know the automatic is faster, but I like a stick." I have no problem with automatics (except CVT's which are simply grotesque from a driving experience perspective) but sometimes I just don't want to drive something that has been technologically refined to the point of near perfection. After all, we are imperfect beings ourselves. When I'm shuffling my family around, I'll borrow my wife's car. When I'm driving myself around, I wouldn't dream of it.

Reactions: triggrman

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Mine are pretty humble by dream car standards.

BMW M3 4-door
Nissan GTR

I can afford both, but I can't rationalize the payments after the fact. Between gas, maintenance, insurance, and the simple inability to get the most out of them 95% of the days in the year... it's just not worth it for me.

My Evo X, which was a demo car with like 10k km on it when I bought it, is 10 years old now, with only 80,000km on it, to give you an idea of how much I actually drive in the first place. At the current pace, it might last me another 10, but probably at least another 5. Maybe in 5 years, I'll finally buy that BMW.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
1969 Camaro Z28 RS/SS 302
1989 Singer Porsche
2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Pagani Huayra
918 Porsche Spyder
Mustang GT500 Eleanor
Ferrari F50
Porsche 959 and a
Hennessy VelociRaptor 700 F-250 to tow my cars to my family so they can drive them t00.
Hennessey VelociRaptor 700

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
Too many to list but the highlights:

Any Chrysler imperial 1960-1966
65-66 Mustang GT fastback
1987 BMW 325is
1986-88 BMW M5
1964-67 Pontiac GTO convertible
1970 Plymouth Duster 340
1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
1976 Chevy Vega Cosworth
1970 Datsun 240z
1969-72 Porsche 911s
1980s Buick Regal T Type (not a GN, want old man spec regal limited with the turbo)
1997 Lexus LX450

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I remember a simple quote by Jay Leno during one of his "Jay Leno's Garage" episodes (I believe it was the C7 ZR1): "I know the automatic is faster, but I like a stick." I have no problem with automatics (except CVT's which are simply grotesque from a driving experience perspective) but sometimes I just don't want to drive something that has been technologically refined to the point of near perfection. After all, we are imperfect beings ourselves. When I'm shuffling my family around, I'll borrow my wife's car. When I'm driving myself around, I wouldn't dream of it.

I feel the same until I load up the clutch too much and it goes "BRAWWWWR" or get a shitty 1st to 2nd. Then I wish I had an automatic

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad