What's Your Dream Car?

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Of any kind? McLaren F1.

That I might own one day? Probably McLaren Vantage. I've almost bought one a few times. Then the buyers remorse sets in before I pull the trigger.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Sorry, yeah. lol

I mistyped there. Aston Martin. I actually just found a nice one for private sale right at $30,000. I might take a look.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
A 1999 Toyota Corolla. I'd get a brand new one of those now, if I could, and it would last me 20 years.

The new ones aren't the same.

member 157595

A 1999 Toyota Corolla. I'd get a brand new one of those now, if I could, and it would last me 20 years.

The new ones aren't the same.

Yeah those Toyotas were seemingly invincible.

My parents got 16 years out of one Toyota and 17 out of another while living in a region with 300 cm of snow per year. My ex-boss still has his 2002 Tacoma and the only problem is that his 2nd-3rd synchro is broken so he has to double-clutch to make that shift.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
3FQM49Mlf5mAvpDQ1-s-X8fDKnDMxu4EKWYEfgelgKTx07-FO2BZu_D2K9Q4yJY1TidPaBeO52MVaQxevxKvvxNolvdp3r7xOKZytI2BDiVmeS17fg

Always wanted an Opel GT just for the headlights.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hot Wheels' Splittin' Image. I had a metal flake brown version as a kid. I always wanted a larger model, so I could take a friend in the second cockpit for a spin.

lQjlWH4.jpg

They made this on the Gotham Garage Netflix show, and it was cool and all, but it didn't scale well IMO.

Reactions: triggrman and JMCx4

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Well, at least it captured the spirit of the design ... Gotham Garage's Custom Built Show Cars by Mark Towle

05-splittinimage.jpg

Yeah I mean, they truly nailed it and then ended up trading it for a Lincoln Futura concept car body/frame iirc...which they then built into a Lincoln Futura which was freaking awesome.

IDK, just seeing the Spittin Image as an actual car felt off. Yes, it looks bad ass with the supercharger and the exhaust up over top, but it still looks like a Hot Wheels car. I can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't feel right.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
106752898-1603221045733SSC-Tuatara-Record-Motion-jpg

The world's fastest car. Who knows what it is?
That's the SSC Tuatara, but from my understanding it's speed isn't verified, only claimed to be 300+ mph. Where as the Bugatti Chiron Super Sport is a confirmed 304mph, making it officially the fastest car in the world.

Not a fan of any of those cars though. At a certain point, aero determines style more than anything else, and thus any true personality is lost.

That's why I still love the '67 Shelby GT500. That is true style in car form.

Edit: I stand corrected, looks like the SSC backed up its claim a week or so ago and hit 316mph. Still not a fan. ;)

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... IDK, just seeing the Spittin Image as an actual car felt off. Yes, it looks bad ass with the supercharger and the exhaust up over top, but it still looks like a Hot Wheels car. I can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't feel right.
Full Disclosure: I've never been a "car guy" as an adult. So that car - toy sized or full sized - simply appeals to my inner child.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Charlie

alexsandro22

Sep 13, 2019
Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG.. I hope I will ship it to my city soon. If anyone knows how long does it take to ship a car to another state or had some experience in shipping let me know pls. I've read some information about shipping process here because I don't want someone unprepared to tranposrt my dream car. I don't want it to be crushed right after purchasing :D I wish I will get it asap..

Last edited:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That's the SSC Tuatara, but from my understanding it's speed isn't verified, only claimed to be 300+ mph. Where as the Bugatti Chiron Super Sport is a confirmed 304mph, making it officially the fastest car in the world.

Not a fan of any of those cars though. At a certain point, aero determines style more than anything else, and thus any true personality is lost.

That's why I still love the '67 Shelby GT500. That is true style in car form.

Edit: I stand corrected, looks like the SSC backed up its claim a week or so ago and hit 316mph. Still not a fan. ;)
Here is something to get your head around, at that speed your average valve stem weights 15 lbs.
Tires are whats holding most land speed records from being broke.there are crazy dynamics that happen with that kind of rotating mass.

Reactions: TaLoN

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
...Ooooo forgot a few.

Pagani Zonda R
Pagani Huayra
Koenigsegg Regera
Koenigsegg CCX
1969 Dodge Charger
Morgan Aero 8
...and a big 1970's Chevy van with a Boris Vallejo mural on the side.
My co-worker buddy has a cousin in California that has 2 Pagani's no idea model. Saw a video of the garage was pretty sick but they were the jewels apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad