What's your Bold Prediction for the Rest of the Offseason?

TropicalAntarctica

Oct 9, 2015
Now that a lot of action has gotten out of the way, what is your bold prediction for this offseason?

Mine is:
John Tavares will sign an 8m x 1y extension with the Islanders.

So they don't have the distraction of whether or not they will to trade him at the deadline in order to avoid losing him for nothing if the arena deal isn't worked out and/or the playoffs look out of reach. Also, this gives the Islanders extra time in this bad transition period to figure out if Eberle, Ho-Sang, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock, de Haan, and Greiss are legit and worthy or using as building blocks to make a playoff push, plus it gives the Isles an extra year to figure out what the hell to do about the arena situation. By the 2019 TDL it will be abundantly clear whether or not the Isles are close to contending and if they are actually going to stay in NY. And if the answer to both of those things isn't yes, then both sides will know that it will be time to part ways.

So what is your bold prediction?

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
Look, things come and go. Yes, "Free Agent Frenzy." And what a frenzy it was. More than a dozen signings? Maybe a surprise. But here we are.

- Genius out

"So begins the off season"

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Stars make another surprising, unexpected trade. Something involving forwards on both sides.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
Benning makes another depth signing that confuses Canucks fans because they feel oddly okay with it.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Bettman steps down in early August. Claims he has done much soul searching and is tired of being boo'd when he hands out the Cup.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I think Duchene is going to stay.. Sakic wants teams to overpay out their ass for the guy and with him only having 2 years left on his deal I don't see it happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad