What's wrong with this team?

Flyboy34

Registered Something
Jul 7, 2003
33,000 FT
When you look at the other teams in the league, they have all in common that their go-to-guys are producing. Ours are not. It is a shame but I really see Getzlaf as a main problem, mentally he seems to be a wrong captain. We lost leadership in Beauch, that's for sure.

Beauch was the anchor - the stabilizing factor during most of the regular season. I know he broke down in spectacular fashion in the playoffs but he would certainly be an improvement over Bieksa today.

ForzaFCBAnaheim

Sep 22, 2011
Canada
I voted GM. Not saying the players or coaches don't have any responsibility, because they absolutely do, but I just strongly think Murray hasn't done anything decent for this team in years. The Kesler acquisition was good, but the guy wanted to come here, so it didn't seem like a very hard deal to make. All other trades and signings haven't helped the team much, if not the opposite.

And what now really ticks me off is reading a very recent article in the OC Register by Eric Stephens with finally some quotes from Murray and even though he says management takes responsibility, he doesn't straight out admit any of his own mistakes. He mentions 'management group', but not himself personally. And later on he actually calls out some of the returning players in defense of the new signings. To me, that sounds a lot like defending his signings/trades and putting it on others. He is just running away from his own screw-ups and not admitting anything. At least some of the players and Boudreau have admitted some of their mistakes.

Be a big man Murray and just admit the mess you've created! This team didn't need the overhaul you put it through past summer, just because we're in a 'faster' league now. That's not Anaheim's style and getting two or three faster players won't change the essence of this team. This team lost its identity and I blame Murray big time for that. Hence why I voted for him.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Voted for the Forwards, GM, and the last option..because there is no way this dumpster fire of talent they call a team is trying- Too much skill and pedigree for this record.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Amazing in sports how greatness tends to get slapped around a few times and then learns how to overcome and win.

Anti greatness gets slapped around and questions themselves and loses confidence in the path that brought them to the cusp of greatness.

I hate to say it, but this team looks like that group that has folded twice, and has been mentally destroyed, from the GM, right down to the trainers.

Maybe they're just not great. It's why the greats in anything are outliers.

Grant Fuhr started stopping things in playoffs. Toewes steps up. Messier was tougher.

Our guys?? We are worried our best players, haven't been this season, but they really haven't impressed at crunch time the last two playoff years either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad