What's wrong with this picture?

Ron*

Good for Richardson. Players like him are all over the league. Lets just get over it.

That's what message boards are for!

To lament players we lost, to lust after players we passed over in the draft, to complain about a team one season removed from a championship (even tho we are 6-3), etc. etc. etc.

How dare you tell them "get over it?!"

Killjoy!

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Every player that has ever left the Kings (at least in the last decade)
has ALWAYS put up better numbers, or way exceeded them. Name 1 that hasn't.

O'Sullivan? Smolinski? Frolov? Camalleri at best matched his kings numbers. Jack Johnson?
Quincy had his best season by far in a kings uniform.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Every player that has ever left the Kings (at least in the last decade)
has ALWAYS put up better numbers, or way exceeded them. Name 1 that hasn't.

Frolov
Demitra
O'Sullivan
Jack Johnson
Kyle Quincey
Ryan Smyth
Randy Jones

All played key offensive roles with the Kings before leaving too, unlike Richardson.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I can't speak for PJB but none of the names you have mentioned were playing key offencive roles for the team before they left. They may have been expected to provide some offence but key offencive roles not even a bit.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I can't speak for PJB but none of the names you have mentioned were playing key offencive roles for the team before they left. They may have been expected to provide some offence but key offencive roles not even a bit.

Then we have GREATLY different views of what a key offensive contributor is TG. Every player I mentioned was either a top 5 scorer or top three offensive D-man, and seen decent PP time the year before they left.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Then we have GREATLY different views of what a key offensive contributor is TG. Every player I mentioned was either a top 5 scorer or top three offensive D-man, and seen decent PP time the year before they left.

Maybe it is how we see/saw the team when they played for us?

I remember us having expectations of each of the players you mentioned being key players but don't remember them actually fulfilling them.

I don't mean to step into the discussion half way though, just thought of the differences.

JT8888

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
So what is it then? Of the players he listed:

Lang - Went to Pitt, offensive minded team. Was also on the PP with Pitt, not with LA.
Purcell -Went to TB. Again gets time on the PP and top line.
Lotki - To small. Sure he scored with NJ, Wasn't enough room for him here.
Simmonds - Philly...LOL @ them and defense. Also got way more PP time there.
Moulson - Only played 29 games. Given up on too early imo but who knew.

Yes you can make the case for other players I'm sure. If it's not the system what is it? Coaching? The players? I mean, what else is there?

And you asked if the Kings have had a defensive system for the last 15 years? of course f'ing not. but they have had some pretty crappy players for top line players as well. The Deadmarsh/Allison/ziggy era was the last time the kings had a decent offensive team.

Lang- didn't win a cup in Pitt
Purcell - didn't win a cup in Tampa
Loki-didn't win a cup in nj
Simmonds-didn't win a cup in Philly
Moulson-didn't win a cup in ny

Mind I get having another 30g guy on the team would be nice but we won a cup and almost won a conference again. I was very critical of DLs choices in the past but now I am happy with our team. You are watching the best kings years in history of the team and I hope we all take it in while it's here. Cause when it's over it could be another 40+ years and I will be dead by then :)

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
JT,

Yet. You left out the word yet with each of those players. They may never and in fact they may likely never win the cup with any team but they all play in the NHL (with the exception of Lang who did win the Stanley Cup with the Wings after leaving Pitts) today so they all still can win the cup.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I think your link is broke OP, cause I can't see a picture....

Frolov
Demitra
O'Sullivan
Jack Johnson
Kyle Quincey
Ryan Smyth
Randy Jones

All played key offensive roles with the Kings before leaving too, unlike Richardson.

Boom roasted.

Also TG how were these players not key contributors to the Kings...outside of maybe Jones.

Captain Mittens*

What is wrong with this picture?

images

JT8888

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
JT,

Yet. You left out the word yet with each of those players. They may never and in fact they may likely never win the cup with any team but they all play in the NHL (with the exception of Lang who did win the Stanley Cup with the Wings after leaving Pitts) today so they all still can win the cup.

Agreed. I am glad each of them made a team and are working to be champs but my point is we won the cup without. The choices DL made to move on worked. Why even look back at that. It's like people want to say "yeah we won the cup but we should have done it with moulson and Purcell, not Fraser and Lewis". To me that just sounds like whining to whine

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Make that four goals with OT winner tonight :shakehead

Dunno if you seen it, but he was trying to centre the puck and it deflected in off an Islander. Not trying to take away anything, but he's just got a hot stick right now. 99 times out 100 that does not even go on the net, nevermind in it.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Richardson will obviously not keep this up, but that doesn't mean he isn't better than almost our entire bottom six. Even when he returns to normal he is still a better player than Carcillo, Stoll, Clifford, Fraser and so far Frattin.

Will Stoll have as many goals in 82 games as Richardson has in 11?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad