Whats wrong with Pacioretty???

NewHabsEra*

In my opinion, this type of thing is what's wrong with our fanbase.

You could legitimately be concerned for a player's production, sure, but to go full delirium and spew that kind of BS shows how disconnected some people are from the actual game. What many folks like way more than hockey is drama and since our team isn't giving them much to feast on in this great hockey season of hockey so far, I guess they have to generate it by themselves.

On the bright side for more informed posters it becomes very easy to separate what should be read with consideration and what should be discarded as nonsense.

You started this post wrong, I never said I was worried about his lack of production, his production is quite fine on paper but when you watch the game, something wrong.. The one carrying this line is Gallagher, what isnt normal since he is the rookie.. I feel pac is floating alot shooting from the outside and not going in the dirty areas like he was doing before, even is passing is quite off, I feel if Pac was trying half as hard as Gallagher, this line could be a real threat for the opponents.. And BTW this is not a bashing thread, Im actually a fan of Pacioretty, Im just desapointed alot the way he plays this year and nothing wrong pointing it out, Im not an hypocrite fan, I say what need to be said.

Neutrino

Jan 18, 2011
Montreal
You started this post wrong, I never said I was worried about his lack of production, his production is quite fine on paper but when you watch the game, something wrong.. The one carrying this line is Gallagher, what isnt normal since he is the rookie.. I feel pac is floating alot shooting from the outside and not going in the dirty areas like he was doing before, even is passing is quite off, I feel if Pac was trying half as hard as Gallagher, this line could be a real threat for the opponents.. And BTW this is not a bashing thread, Im actually a fan of Pacioretty, Im just desapointed alot the way he plays this year and nothing wrong pointing it out, Im not an hypocrite fan, I say what need to be said.

Like I said, all about drama.

In your quote, the words I highlighted are clues that what you are talking about is mostly irrelevant to the sport and business of Hockey.

Speculation, generalization, etc...

Halifaxhab*

I would bet money that he finishes the year as scoring leader on the Habs.

He's in a mini-slump, that's all.

Agreed. He's had about 20 shots the last 3 games. about half were quality shots/chances. Every player has ups and downs. Doesnt change what he is, a quality scoring winger with good size and speed.

onemorecup*

He's streaky that's all

bang on , Max is streaky , so what

he is our best winger hands down right now

we signed him to the perfect cap contract

Like I said 6 mil + is for front liners , he isnt one but a legit top 6 , a legit 30 goal 65 point player at 4.5 mil , thats fair money

no issues at all , you cant replace him like you can Gio, DD, kabbie, gorges

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He's a more physical Martin Rucinsky, no worries, and as some others said, he's streaky, that's it.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I'm a big fan of Max, he has been good this year, for sure. But, I'd like to see him use his skating ability, speed, and size more. Too often he is too quick to shoot, that helps him at times, but with his size and skating ability, he could be open up more room for himself than he seems to think so. Regardless, he has been good. A young, hard-working, great character, near ppg player for 4.5 million a year is a very very very good contract for us.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Some here are claiming to know better because they don't complain and are not "alarmist". I think you put too much heart at trying to look after bad intentions behind the point that's being brought up in this thread.

I'm a happy fan right now, but nonetheless maybe Bergevin and Therrien are watching replays of the last 10 games and are telling themselves "Have you noticed Pacioretty doesn't play like he used to". Like coaches, we take a bigger picture look of our favorite team and we try to think about what could be better.

It's a small detail being brought up in a wonderful season. Habs are good, everyone is happy..doesn't mean we shouldn't scrutinize our players like we always did, because we just happen to be hockey fans.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
People always tend to eschew empirical analysis of what happens in sports and ALWAYS bring up "numbers". Yes, it is nice that Pacioretty is nearly a PPG player, but those points still represent a small fraction of what actually happens on each shift. Last time I checked, crashing the net, winning puck battles, and playing good defense are positive traits for skilled players to have. But nooooo, forget these things, just the points.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's a one dimensional streaky scorer who will consistently pot 30+ goals. I'm not worried about him at all.

I'd like to see Galchenyuk center him and Gallagher.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Pax is trying to be too cute right now. Waiting for DD to feed him pucks.

He need to create his chances since DD is slumping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad